*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hi from sunny Somerset (well at the moment!)

New member? Post here to say Hi, tell us about yourself and your Transit!

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Hi from sunny Somerset (well at the moment!)

Postby Baggins09 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:08 pm

Good afternoon troops,

Have just bought my second Transit, a 2009 MK 7 110 - T350 2.2tdci Motorhome, from AG Ford Germany, I thought it was a good idea to join up, after having browsed a while, so I introduce myself as Paul and wife Fizz. Well, I say 2009 Transit, or at least that's what I thought it was before delving deeper and when changing the thoughtfully provided twin batteries under the drivers seat with 2007 stickers on them, I began to suspect, but more in a later post as this is only supposed to be an introduction!

As a school boy, living in Eastleigh, in the 60's, I fondly remember our class visiting the Eastleigh Ford Transit factory by Eastleigh / Southampton Airport, and seeing the vans on the assembly line and getting dipped, etc. Those were the times that whenever you saw a Transit in a film, or abroad, when on holiday, you knew it had come all the way from Eastleigh, amazing. Although this is our newest Transit, we did briefly own a LHD 2006 Hymer motorhome with a Transit base as well, which we loved. Only having owned two, I have driven many in my past 30 year police career in Hampshire, mostly personnel carriers, prison vans, firearms team, mobile control room/incident support vans and general purpose minibuses, but all with that rather nice reflective blue, red and chequer tape on, go faster side stripes and a revolving blue beacon or two! At least they didn't burn your eyes out of their sockets like the new laser strobes they use today, in the interests of road safety, of course, lol

I have to admit to having a preference for Sprinter 311 and 316's in the past, having bought, in 2004, a Sprinter 316 base motorhome with a CI coach built on the back called a Cipro 55 (garage version with twin opening rear doors.) That was what I retired with and we toured parts of Europe to celebrate, but we love our latest Ford Transit, honest! I will have some questions to ask the forum, and promise to check first before posting a new topic, but I will probably trip up occasionally, asking something that's been asked before but I failed to see it. I will then use my age as a mitigating factor, all 66 years of it. The motorhome conversion is by a company called La Strada, in Germany, the model being a Trento. When motorhome converters line the inside of vans, unless you are very lucky, they cover over known access points with board or furniture, and I need to find certain wires. I have already replaced the stock 6000CD stereo unit with a Sony WX900BT which is amazing, but I will be searching the loom for where the rear speaker wires are hidden away, as well!

Have lived near Taunton for the past 7 years after returning from playing away in Spain, France and Italy for a spell in our Sprinter, and look forward to finding more out about our Transit through this forum (if they let me!). Well, hope that's enough to kick off with , looking forward to having fun here in the near future, take care, and seasons greetings to you all, every one. (Just watched the Muppets Xmas Carol movie again, its annually traditional, my wife insists on it, bless her!)

Baggins09
2009 (2007) 110 - T350 2.2tdci
Baggins09

Re: Hi from sunny Somerset (well at the moment!)

Postby Altransit » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forum :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Baggins09 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Thanks Alltransit! :D
Baggins09

Postby Luke » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:29 am

welcome to the forum mate :D
Luke
Site Admin

Return to Welcome