*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Perth WA - intro

New member? Post here to say Hi, tell us about yourself and your Transit!

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Perth WA - intro

Postby Transition(er) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:06 am

Hello All from Perth,
Been gleaning useful tips and help off this site for a good month now; so decided to do the right thing and put my head above the trench!
I bought an '04 VH (LWB Midroof 5speed DOFA engine)for courier work, 211xxxKm and tidy enough. Prior to this I would be considered a diesel virgin.
Did a search on common issues and this site featured prominently in the 'hits list' and within days I was up to my armpits in ' Black puddin' so black; even the white bits are black!' (M.Palin:ripping yarns)... sorry, I just don't want to run the risk of plagiary (or is it polygamyism)

The rear doors had a sooty sheen to them and the blue had been rubbed off the Oval badge after much scrubbing over time.I blocked the EGR off and get no soot or smoke out the back anymore. The turbo under power; seemed to have a surge-pause-surge habit and I assumed maybe an Eco thing (pretty big on that down here) The inter-cooler inlet hose had a split in it just before the IN> part of the motor. Took both hoses off and treat them to a very hot spa, with strong(rubber compatible)chemicals(see :- Black Pud) and used Alum tape to bind it up to see if that worked. Yes it did! but for a week only until the tape burst open (couldn't imagine why!) cleaned again and used Pu sealer on primed split surfaces and swathed the external with 2 layers of fibreglass cloth oozing with Pu; cured in 2hrs under heat and has been delivering what it should, and where it should without fault since.

I have the heater switch issue as well as the Temp Gauge,Tacho,Dash Instrument cluster playing tag after 3 hrs or so, but a bit of apprehension in the afternoon always keeps you sharp behind the wheel I believe! I intend to run my OBDll diagnostic in real time data and capture the variations that cause that...
Anyhoo; thats my bit for now.
Cheers
Transition(er)

Re: Perth WA - intro

Postby Luke » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:26 am

hello and welcome to the forum :D
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Perth WA - intro

Postby Altransit » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:55 am

Welcome to the forum :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Welcome