*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Sportvan Owner

New member? Post here to say Hi, tell us about yourself and your Transit!

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Sportvan Owner

Postby king_brilliant » Wed May 09, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi Guys,
I've lurked around the forum for a few weeks and wanted to say Hi.
I've got a 2008 Connect Sportvan which i bought last September..Apart from coning out on the M1 a week after i bought it (AA bloke ODB reader said injector fault on No:4) it's been perfect.
I've done a few jobs on the van but i have others planned.
The first job was taking a grinder to the fake rear exhaust..Literally within minutes of arriving home in it I was digging out the grinder.
So far i've had the front end repainted with the stripes extended up on to the roof. I had the wheels refurbed in anthracite with new Yokohama's although i intend to swap them for standard ST wheels..The Sportvan comes with Titanium wheels as stock but i prefer the ST's.
I also fitted a dark blue carpet last week and fitted a new DAB stereo with a Kenwood underseat sub and new door speakers...I've vinyl wrapped the centre console in 'leather' and the to of the dash centre panel..
Finally I've lined the rear of the van and fitted acoustic carpet, a new headlining in the back and also a new floor which sits above the metal floor.
I dropped the van off at the painters today to have the arches, door handles, mirrors, sills and rear tailgate lip colour coded..At the moment they have the fake chrome covers on the handles and mirrors which aren't my cup of tea...
Future plans include fitting Fiesta ST seats (which i'm not looking forward to) and of course lowering..again another job I'm not looking forward to.
I should be picking van up next week so I'll post some before and after photos...
Mine was the only Sportvan Connect I saw @ Simply Ford on Sunday so that was pretty cool...
Anyway, I look forward to getting involved and maybe having a meet if anyone is in the midlands area.
Cheers
king_brilliant

Re: Sportvan Owner

Postby g-man » Thu May 10, 2018 10:30 am

welcome m8y :)
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Sportvan Owner

Postby Luke » Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 pm

hello and welcome to the forum :D
Luke