*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

FORUM CHARITY PROJECT (mainly) PICTURES AND VIDEOS THREAD !

Look in here for details of the fourms weekend makeover project. We will be doing a Transit restoration project over a few weekends and auctioning it off for charity once completed. Everyone is welcome to come along and take part.

Moderator: Luke

Re: working on the 6 wheeler doors in kent (pics)

Postby dieselhead123 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Just got round to posting up the pics of our progress over the weekend of the 'MiniMakeover'.

Thanks to all the lads who came up and helped, without you all I doubt I would have got the panels to a usable condition in time for Reading.
Those who helped, MinorMatt, Vandalism, County 4x4 and RobbieCee, hopefully you all gained some experience from your time spent with me. A special thanks to County 4x4 who offered to stay on after the weekend so as to transport the bonnet and side loading door to Reading, there is no way all four panels were going to get to Reading in my service van!

Some pics of us in action;
MinorMatt showing off his welding skills

Vandalism on 'filler duty'

Bonnet ready for primer, Vandalism put a lot of work into this! Later in the day he applied the primer. On the Sunday RobbieCee came over and prepared the bonnet for top coat, what a fine job he did!

Side loading door in primer

A couple of pictures of the bonnet after top coat application

Side loading door in primer

Top coat applied to the side loading door, County 4x4 applying the 'heat'!

Hopefully those that attended will have gone away with some knowledge and experience, enabling them to tackle work on their own vehicles more easily. 8)

I hope to have further 'weekend workshops', where forum members can bring their own vans along and tackle jobs in a supervised environment :lol:
Perhaps you need to change a clutch or cam belt and don't have the appropriate tools or are perhaps 'unsure' of the correct procedure?
Perhaps you would like to fit a new wing and don't have the full range of equipment and need some guidance?
The proposed 'weekend workshops' would be a good opportunity to meet other forum members and share skills and experience.
Anyone wishing to take up this offer is welcome to pm me and we will see what we can do to assist.

Happy Vanning,

TIM
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

a few pics from the 19th of may - working on the van

Postby Vandalism » Mon May 21, 2012 4:43 pm

tim - dieselhead123 woking on replacing a spring hanger

i did bits and bobs, sorted out nuts and bolts into pots as they where just all in one box and preped
this bumper end cap and a couple of other bits, took a wheel off and un did a spring hanger bolt :)

rear doors and side door on

the rear bumper luke made up 8)
Vandalism
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: FORUM CHARITY PROJECT (mainly) PICTURES AND VIDEOS THREA

Postby AndyG » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:19 pm

:D
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
AndyG
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Weekend makeover - Forum charity project!