*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Now Sold

Look in here for details of the fourms weekend makeover project. We will be doing a Transit restoration project over a few weekends and auctioning it off for charity once completed. Everyone is welcome to come along and take part.

Moderator: Luke

Now Sold

Postby Luke » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:32 pm

The 6 wheeler is now with its new owner David and his son Ben on its way down to Bristol (quite a drive from Rotherham) :D

Thanks to all involved in the project and the new owners 8) - the money raised will be donated to http://raysofsunshine.org.uk/ and they will give us feedback of the kids who benefit from our donation so keep an eye out and i'll post details in here :D

Hopefully we'll all get a chance to see the van at this years Transitmania 8 @ Billing Aquadrome after the new owner has spent a bit of time on it :D
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Now Sold

Postby martynx » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Result :)

for egr/dpf deletes, power tuning, updates,cloning,speed limiter removal,cruise control, euro 3/4/5/6 limiters & key's !
martynx
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Punto443 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:45 pm

Nice to see it going to someone who'll appreciate it and great result for the charity :D
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby karl » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:05 pm

great result :D

it would of done double if was a finished project :(

but from to van it done well

well done to the guys who has made it the van it it today 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) and maybe next year it we will see the finished side of the van
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby dieselhead123 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:26 pm

I am sure that we would all like to join together in thanking Luke for his efforts, seeing this project through from it's initial conception to final sale, without you this would never have happened.

Furthermore, we should thank all those forum members who willingly gave their time and hard earned cash to assist with this project, it is people like you who make membership of this forum so rewarding.
Well done all of you.

Let's thank the the new owner for their generous offer and hope that the van provides them with as much pleasure as it provided those who assisted in it's production.

TIM
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Luke » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:29 pm

Thanks Tim but i don't think I've done anything above what everyone else has - but i'm sure i enjoyed it as much as everyone else :mrgreen:
Luke
Site Admin

Postby boltondigger » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:39 pm

Sadly i wasn't involved however a credit to ALL involved.

A pat on the back to you all ,and glad to see some good from all your hard dedication.
Had a rusty old 58 plate 85 ps swb.180 thou .most reliable bus ive ever had

12 plate limited 125bhp 260 that got nicked :shock: :shock:

2016 connect poverty spec
boltondigger
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby astra » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:53 pm

What a drive that was, we made it back to Bristol with no problems. I will show any pics of the progress. Stay tuned!!
astra
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby astra » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:57 pm

Luke wrote:The 6 wheeler is now with its new owner David and his son Ben on its way down to Bristol (quite a drive from Rotherham) :D

Thanks to all involved in the project and the new owners 8) - the money raised will be donated to http://raysofsunshine.org.uk/ and they will give us feedback of the kids who benefit from our donation so keep an eye out and i'll post details in here :D

Hopefully we'll all get a chance to see the van at this years Transitmania 8 @ Billing Aquadrome after the new owner has spent a bit of time on it :D

Let me know about the tickets, should be fun!!
astra
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby karl » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:00 pm

astra wrote:
Luke wrote:The 6 wheeler is now with its new owner David and his son Ben on its way down to Bristol (quite a drive from Rotherham) :D

its always fun mate :D 8)
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Luke » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:04 pm

astra wrote:What a drive that was, we made it back to Bristol with no problems. I will show any pics of the progress. Stay tuned!!
good to hear it got back ok mate :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby blue estate » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:04 pm

karl wrote:
astra wrote:

its always fun mate :D 8)

Especially late Saturday night after a few tinnies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby AlanN » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:10 pm

Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator

Postby transitandy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:09 am

astra wrote:What a drive that was, we made it back to Bristol with no problems. I will show any pics of the progress. Stay tuned!!

Nice one m8 :)
TRANSIT M8, SAY NO MORE YOUR IN...... FORD THROUGH TO THE BONE......
transitandy
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby RustWidow » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:17 am

Congratulations on your purchase, I'm glad the cam has gone to a good home, good luck with your plans for her
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Weekend makeover - Forum charity project!