Transitmania 10 @Santa Pod 18th to 20th May 2018


Looking to buy a new transit

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Looking to buy a new transit

Postby barnett » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:03 pm

Hi I'm looking to buy a new / second hand van don't really want to pay the vat but is there anything I need to look out for at the moment my van is a mk7 140ps and has never let me down but it's a 2008 and I want something a bit newer

Thanks ben
barnett
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby dumper » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Well I have mk 6 camper van on a jumbo whitch is in good overall condition but is ten years old but I have been looking at mk 7 jumbos with a low mileage to put all the gear into to up date the van but on looking on line I see that there are a lot of mk 8 Euro 5 jumbos that are low miles and still have Ford warranty still on them and on sale at Ford dealers for not much more money then a mk7 so I may go for one even though it will be a lot more work .i keep looking on the mk8 form to see what problems they have as it just seems strange how many low mileage mk8 are about as you expect companies to run them for 3 years old or out of warranty.
when I have looked at buying vans before I have always looked at transit vans with 100000 MLS as low mileage as most of the mk7 vans on sale seem to be 3 year old and over 100000 MLS so to me mk 8 vans look like a good deal shame about the vat we have to pay on vans as well.
Mk6 56reg 135 jumbo motorsport camper van
dumper
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: gainsborough lincs

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby barnett » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:33 pm

I know I fine it very strange too, it's a bit worrying to be honest I can't seem to figure it out ?
barnett
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby V184 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:34 pm

There probably ex hire vans that Ford supplied with buy back
User avatar
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2725
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: You're right, V184 is an arsehole with a chip on his shoulder........

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby bigjohnthomas » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:38 pm

If you don't pay the vat you go to prison
And look what happend to dbvms anus in there
So.. Whacha looking for A mk8 or a custom?
User avatar
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 22016
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: transexual transitvania

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby barnett » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Mi8 really as iv heard so many bad things about the custom van
barnett
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby bigjohnthomas » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:06 pm

Yeah only an idiot would buy a custom :D
User avatar
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 22016
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: transexual transitvania

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby bigjohnthomas » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:56 pm

wait a minute allcock you have a custom you bellend :roll:
:oops:
so whats wrong with customs then?
or do you just need a larger size van init?
User avatar
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 22016
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: transexual transitvania

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby ake » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:18 am

barnett wrote:Mi8 really as iv heard so many bad things about the custom van

Same engine, same gearbox, same electric, same company, ain't really much difference other than the obvious
2017 Ford Fiesta SportVan 1.5 TDCi 95ps
2011 Ford Mondeo 2.0 Titanium X


4 x Customs
2 x 350 MK7
7 x 260 MK7


Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
Or is it something worse?
ake
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 41408
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:19 pm
Location: The fair city o' Perth

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby Azer van man » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:19 pm

Ive always had Transits and currently have a Mk7 Jumbo 3.2
Finally drove a Mk8 yesterday and I was impressed by the interior and handling is very good,although it was empty.
The only problem I found was POWER....there ain't none....where the Mk8 is doing 70mph...i.e. End of a slip road my 200ps would be doing 100,yes I know it's a totally different engine but c'mon Ford my mothers Egg Whisk has more power :shock: :shock:
Choose life, Choose a Transit, Italian Job Done ,Its the Irish in me.....I only listen to Above and Beyond
Now with A 5 pot Beast.......I started off with nothing and I still got most of it left...!!
User avatar
Azer van man
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:25 pm
Location: All over the feckin shop...

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby mavericktc » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Azer van man wrote:Ive always had Transits and currently have a Mk7 Jumbo 3.2
Finally drove a Mk8 yesterday and I was impressed by the interior and handling is very good,although it was empty.
The only problem I found was POWER....there ain't none....where the Mk8 is doing 70mph...i.e. End of a slip road my 200ps would be doing 100,yes I know it's a totally different engine but c'mon Ford my mothers Egg Whisk has more power :shock: :shock:

Do you want us to guess what power output you drove?
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:56 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby Azer van man » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:15 pm

mavericktc wrote:
Azer van man wrote:Ive always had Transits and currently have a Mk7 Jumbo 3.2
Finally drove a Mk8 yesterday and I was impressed by the interior and handling is very good,although it was empty.
The only problem I found was POWER....there ain't none....where the Mk8 is doing 70mph...i.e. End of a slip road my 200ps would be doing 100,yes I know it's a totally different engine but c'mon Ford my mothers Egg Whisk has more power :shock: :shock:

Do you want us to guess what power output you drove?


I ain't a clue what it was tbh....?
They don't write the HP on um any more...!! :lol:
Choose life, Choose a Transit, Italian Job Done ,Its the Irish in me.....I only listen to Above and Beyond
Now with A 5 pot Beast.......I started off with nothing and I still got most of it left...!!
User avatar
Azer van man
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:25 pm
Location: All over the feckin shop...

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby mavericktc » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Azer van man wrote:
mavericktc wrote:
Azer van man wrote:Ive always had Transits and currently have a Mk7 Jumbo 3.2
Finally drove a Mk8 yesterday and I was impressed by the interior and handling is very good,although it was empty.
The only problem I found was POWER....there ain't none....where the Mk8 is doing 70mph...i.e. End of a slip road my 200ps would be doing 100,yes I know it's a totally different engine but c'mon Ford my mothers Egg Whisk has more power :shock: :shock:

Do you want us to guess what power output you drove?


I ain't a clue what it was tbh....?
They don't write the HP on um any more...!! :lol:

So it could have been a L4H3 with a 105 PS engine?
And you are moaning that it's slow?
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:56 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby Azer van man » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:31 pm

It was a L3H3,I know that much,I wouldn't have a clue what PS it was but it was gutless...!!
Waste of a decent van imo.
Nice interior,handles well,huge load space,CC,Bluetooth streaming,sensors all round.
God knows what it would be like loaded....!!!
I doubt it would move.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coming from Sweden yourself,the 200's are pretty popular up there,I remember seeing quite a few when I've been :wink:
Choose life, Choose a Transit, Italian Job Done ,Its the Irish in me.....I only listen to Above and Beyond
Now with A 5 pot Beast.......I started off with nothing and I still got most of it left...!!
User avatar
Azer van man
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:25 pm
Location: All over the feckin shop...

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby Altransit » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:20 pm

Azer van man wrote:It was a L3H3,I know that much,I wouldn't have a clue what PS it was but it was gutless...!!
Waste of a decent van imo.
Nice interior,handles well,huge load space,CC,Bluetooth streaming,sensors all round.
God knows what it would be like loaded....!!!
I doubt it would move.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coming from Sweden yourself,the 200's are pretty popular up there,I remember seeing quite a few when I've been :wink:

Lets be real here Azer, you've been driving a 200ps beast for a goodly few miles .................................. anything you now drive will seem gutless. Apart from anything else, you're missing a cylinder :!: :P

You need to go and find an old Merc 308 (pre-sprinter), drive that fully loaded, and then anything you drive, including a Di Smiley, will seem fast again :wink: :roll: :lol:
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
User avatar
Altransit
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 30108
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire

Next

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users