Transitmania 9 @Santa Pod 23rd - 24th September 2017 Click here for details!

Turbo seized

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Turbo seized

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:42 pm

Only had van a few weeks and for the last couple of weeks I felt the van was not right , I couldn't put it words what was wrong but it felt like the power wasn't controlled 100% by the accelerator if that makes sense , anyway booked into ford on Wednesday but said van was fine, I took the tech notion out on a test drive explaining best I could what I thought was wrong but he just said that's modern vans for you , anyway started van this morning and my dash lit up like a Xmas tree , eml , traction control light , service light were all on and I had service engine now and hill start assist messages on display and van had no power , ford managed to get me in today and have just called to say my turbo has seized and needs a new one , 125bhp jumbo trend l4 2016
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Turbo seized

Postby V184 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Low oil pressure ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Location: You're right, V184 is an arsehole with a chip on his shoulder........

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:20 pm

V184 wrote:Low oil pressure ?
don't know they just said seized turbo and they should have it back on road by Thursday next week
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby cornishpasty » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:18 am

Hope you do not need engine as mine has been in the dealers since 3rd July and still waiting for engine.
Only did 47000miles
cornishpasty
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:42 pm

They phoned yesterday to say replacement turbo would be here first thing today (thursday) and my van would be done at 1pm , so at 1pm I went to collect my van only to be told that the turbo hadn't turned up and they didn't know where it is , my van was booked out on a job at 2pm and they just said we can't do anything cause we don't know where the turbo is :? They are hopeful that it will turn up in the morning but they can't promise, not sure how I kept my cool but I did, but this is the last time I use Evans halshaw wolverhampton
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits