*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Prospective owner of Mk8 Motorhome

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Prospective owner of Mk8 Motorhome

Postby evans88 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:08 am

I am seriously considering buying a motorhome based on the Mk8 Transit. I understand that many such Transit's have had serious fuel injector problems. Does anyone know whether the issue has now been resolved in respect of 2018 vehicles or am I likely to have to go through the inconvenience of having new injectors fitted under warranty after purchase? Many thanks.
evans88
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Prospective owner of Mk8 Motorhome

Postby Captive Escapologist » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:12 am

Captive Escapologist
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Prospective owner of Mk8 Motorhome

Postby Willjmay » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:24 pm

Mine has been absolutely fine (apart from a free oil change at 3,000 miles along with a PCM update and a shortened dipstick. This is a well known issue, we'll wait and see, although I intend to change the oil annually so it will never get anywhere near the 36,000 miles that Ford claim to be the oil change interval.)
I have uploaded a letter from Ford acknowledging the injector issue that has occurred in a few engines due to starting and stopping during the motorhome build.
I use an additive called Diesel Rhino which has a cetane improver, injector cleaner and claims to absorb any water in the fuel. Touch wood, I am impressed with how the engine pulls.
I will probably get a remap at some stage (Van Tuner or Pendle Performance).
If anyone has had a remap I would be interested in any feedback
Willjmay
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits