*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

After 33 miles started disassembling the passenger area :)

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

After 33 miles started disassembling the passenger area :)

Postby Damien89 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Got the minibus home and first thing i did was disassemble the passenger area so when i take it to the rust proofing centre they can throw the dinitrol in the sides. I'm really happy with the amount of paint that the red minibuses have on the inside, i've seen a white one which had barely any paint in it, i also took a look at the underside and saw that the rear part where the spare wheel is mounted it barely has any paint in it so i painted it with hammerite red to give it some protection before dinitrol is applied.
I also removed the two pieces of foam that where in between the front fenders and inner panel. My wagon came with the extra bit of plastic under the windscreen to stop water going in the air cleaner but on the other side there isn't one and there are a bunch of wires and the engine computer that could be damaged with water. I would like to find out how to remove the piece that prevents water from going in the air cleaner, have it scanned and 3d print another one for the other side.
A few photos:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
If anyone needs a specific photo of any part of the wagon just let me know.
Damien89

Re: After 33 miles started disassembling the passenger area

Postby Somersetsimon » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:19 am

I know it’s a while ago, but have you any more updates or photos of the waxing? Will be converting a minibus to a camper shortly so interesting to see one dismantled.
Somersetsimon

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits