*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Acceleration control

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Acceleration control

Postby msb1989 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:12 pm

Following on from my last topic "Too slow" i have been looking on fords website for the new Transit to see if i could find any info which might help me discover whats wrong with my new 2016 transit jumbo.

I think i might have found what i was looking for - this is copied directly from the brochure:

""Acceleration Control to help you drive more economically.
This innovative optional new system controls your van’s rate of acceleration according to whether it’s unladen or part-laden. As a result, you can expect to lower your fuel consumption by up to 15%, depending on your driving style. The technology can also help reduce the amount of wear and tear on the engine, brakes and tyres, along with other components (Standard on ECOnetic models).""

Without saying directly, i take the above to mean that the system prevents fast acceleration, supposedly to save fuel basically...

Im pretty sure my van must have this installed - it would definitely explain the slow acceleration compared to my like for like MK7 anyway!!

I NEED this removed somehow - i live in the Highlands with A & B roads & being unable to overtake a 40mph lorry or even a tractor is frankly dangerous...

soooo, is it a case of plug in diagnostic machine & de-select the option or does it need a whole new remap to remove??

thanks in advance....
msb1989
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Acceleration control

Postby mavericktc » Mon May 02, 2016 3:53 pm

I wonder why you bought the lowest hp engine when you are after some kind of performance.

The mk7 lowest hp engine is slow as hell (excluding the 85hp one cause that is impossible to drive).

EDIT; Acceleration contol is always an option when not buying a econetic on the mk8 and custom (here in Sweden at least but those options usually are the same).
Last edited by mavericktc on Mon May 02, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby msb1989 » Mon May 02, 2016 4:06 pm

I should have pointed out that it is a works vehicle & i got no choice whatsoever in what it came as / with...

Im not a boy racer but need the acceleration when i need it..

...so need to know can it be removed?
msb1989
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby albo baggins » Mon May 02, 2016 4:22 pm

msb1989 wrote:I should have pointed out that it is a works vehicle & i got no choice whatsoever in what it came as / with...

Im not a boy racer but need the acceleration when i need it..

...so need to know can it be removed?

best to have a word with ya boss then , as it`s NOT your van :roll:
albo baggins
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby msb1989 » Mon May 02, 2016 4:48 pm

boss doesn't have a clue, nor cares tbh - we are left to do what we want with mods really...

so does anyone know if it can be removed??
msb1989
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mavericktc » Mon May 02, 2016 5:23 pm

msb1989 wrote:boss doesn't have a clue, nor cares tbh - we are left to do what we want with mods really...

so does anyone know if it can be removed??

Do you KNOW that you have it in the first place?

See my post above.
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby msb1989 » Mon May 02, 2016 6:45 pm

I don't know if it has it for definite, but I'm pretty certain it must do

I had a mk7 2.2 100bhp before my new 2016 2.2 100bhp so they're like for like but new one is considerably slower..

Even Lorries regularly pull ahead of me from stand still, & I'm often empty....
msb1989
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Damien89 » Mon May 02, 2016 7:46 pm

Put vin in etis and check features list to know if you have accelaration control. Highly doubt you have as all mk8's are slow because of the high ratio rear end.
Damien89

Postby msb1989 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:02 pm

What's etis?
msb1989
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby andz327 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:06 pm

Sounds like a job for "vantuner "
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby mavericktc » Mon May 02, 2016 10:07 pm

msb1989 wrote:What's etis?

www.etis.ford.com
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby albo baggins » Wed May 04, 2016 4:59 pm

msb1989 wrote:What's etis?

just click on transit mk6&7 its at the top of the listings, :)
albo baggins
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby black_fiishing » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:13 pm

hi there i have this on my van ...i posted a note back in january under ECONETIC.....anyway i went to ford as i thought it could be disabled (as per utube add FORD TRANSIT ACCELRATION CONTROL)and they did not know anything about it....i let them see the utube advert but they could not disable it and no one seems to know , as you say it is dangerous to pass anything (as i stated in my note i would not try and pass anything other than a moving tractor)i have tried all avenues but to no avail . but what i can tell you is that it only costs £50 to get it fitted at the factory as i seen it on a new van factory order form.i will let you know if i get any other info....allan
black_fiishing

Postby Damien89 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:48 pm

black_fiishing wrote:hi there i have this on my van ...i posted a note back in january under ECONETIC.....anyway i went to ford as i thought it could be disabled (as per utube add FORD TRANSIT ACCELRATION CONTROL)and they did not know anything about it....i let them see the utube advert but they could not disable it and no one seems to know , as you say it is dangerous to pass anything (as i stated in my note i would not try and pass anything other than a moving tractor)i have tried all avenues but to no avail . but what i can tell you is that it only costs £50 to get it fitted at the factory as i seen it on a new van factory order form.i will let you know if i get any other info....allan

Are you certain you have acceleration control?
Damien89

Postby cjwilson1988 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Stupid n obvious question but have you gone though all the driving aid settings on the comupter. If its optional you might be able to turn it of just the same as you would the traction control
2015 mk8 l3h2 155 trend plus options
2007 mk7 sport van 130

Wilson engineering ltd
cjwilson1988
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Next

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits