*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Acceleration control

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Re: Acceleration control

Postby 0bigg0 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:41 pm

Hi there, has any body had any luck in discovering how to get acceleration control removed..
It’s defiantly on my 2013 and like other people said it so dangerous in overtaking..
I’ve been to 2 main ford dealers and neither new about this feature hopefully this forum can help and sorry if this is in the wrong section, I’m a newbie
Thanks

url][/quote]
msb1989 wrote:Following on from my last topic "Too slow" i have been looking on fords website for the new Transit to see if i could find any info which might help me discover whats wrong with my new 2016 transit jumbo.

I think i might have found what i was looking for - this is copied directly from the brochure:

""Acceleration Control to help you drive more economically.
This innovative optional new system controls your van’s rate of acceleration according to whether it’s unladen or part-laden. As a result, you can expect to lower your fuel consumption by up to 15%, depending on your driving style. The technology can also help reduce the amount of wear and tear on the engine, brakes and tyres, along with other components (Standard on ECOnetic models).""

Without saying directly, i take the above to mean that the system prevents fast acceleration, supposedly to save fuel basically...

Im pretty sure my van must have this installed - it would definitely explain the slow acceleration compared to my like for like MK7 anyway!!

I NEED this removed somehow - i live in the Highlands with A & B roads & being unable to overtake a 40mph lorry or even a tractor is frankly dangerous...

soooo, is it a case of plug in diagnostic machine & de-select the option or does it need a whole new remap to remove??

thanks in advance....
0bigg0

Re: Acceleration control

Postby hectors-tranny » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:58 pm

I reckon it's just your 100bhp engine - especially as your van is a jumbo.
hectors-tranny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits