*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

LIMP MODE

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

LIMP MODE

Postby CMBDAVE » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi

My 2015 MK8 155ps chassis cab has been going into limp mode, my Ford dealer has diagnosed and fitted a new fuel temperature sensor .
All was fine but now it has started again with limp mode,infact it has done it three times since the new sensor was fitted.The dealer has done a fault check but no new fault code is showing up just the origonal fuel temperature sensor fault code.
It goes into limp mode but then sorts itself out once the engine has been turned off and back on again.
The dealer says that without a new fault code there is nothing that they can do and after a week at the dealer where they drove the vehicle with no problem accuring i was advised to take the vehicle back, use it as normal and if the fault happens again to take it back to them for another look to see if there is a new fault code showing.
The vehicle has done 75000 miles with no problem up until now and i was wondering if anyone else has had a limp mode problem and if so how was it put right.
CMBDAVE
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: LIMP MODE

Postby Marky s » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi
My mk8 2014 transit has been doing the same only done 38000 miles. Start up fine warning service engine now then limp mode, turn off restart runs as normal until next morning very odd.
Marky s
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby CMBDAVE » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:40 am

Hi

Mate did you go back to a Ford dealer to try to sort this problem out and if so what did they have to say.
CMBDAVE
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Marky s » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi i havent been to dealer yet but the light hasnt come on the last 2 mornings my best guess is temperature sensor but im just waiting till temp goes below 10c as thats when the problem started although as i said once warning has showed which says service engine now then goes to limp mode and i restart it its all fine but im just waiting to see what happens unless anyone else has same problem
Marky s
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Damien89 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:04 pm

CMBDAVE wrote:Hi

My 2015 MK8 155ps chassis cab has been going into limp mode, my Ford dealer has diagnosed and fitted a new fuel temperature sensor .
All was fine but now it has started again with limp mode,infact it has done it three times since the new sensor was fitted.The dealer has done a fault check but no new fault code is showing up just the origonal fuel temperature sensor fault code.
It goes into limp mode but then sorts itself out once the engine has been turned off and back on again.
The dealer says that without a new fault code there is nothing that they can do and after a week at the dealer where they drove the vehicle with no problem accuring i was advised to take the vehicle back, use it as normal and if the fault happens again to take it back to them for another look to see if there is a new fault code showing.
The vehicle has done 75000 miles with no problem up until now and i was wondering if anyone else has had a limp mode problem and if so how was it put right.

If it says service engine soon then there is a fault code. If its the same as the previous fault code then the same fault is still there and although the sensor has been changed the fault has not been completely repaired.
Damien89

Postby Marky s » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi that's all fine but why is it intermittent and why does the fault clear when restarting engine
Marky s
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Marky s » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:31 pm

Hi I've been told mines the maf sensor but seams strange as van runs fine once restarted any one heard of this and would it be fixed under warranty
Marky s
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Damien89 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Marky s wrote:Hi I've been told mines the maf sensor but seams strange as van runs fine once restarted any one heard of this and would it be fixed under warranty

Get your van to the dealer and have them hook it to a computer, if there was a code thrown up even if it doesn't show on your dashboard it will still be in your computers memory. The technician should see it and be able to fix your van under warranty.
Damien89

Postby Marky s » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Been into ford losing days work every time and they now say van is I import and out of warranty and now I'm in the lurch not going down the road of fixing parts and hoping for the best at £90 every time they plug it in
Marky s
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby V184 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:14 pm

thought imports were 2 yr unlimited mileage warranty ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Marky s » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:45 pm

It is but mines just out of the 2 year
Marky s
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby V184 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:47 pm

Was it out of warranty when they 1st looked at it ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Marky s » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:34 pm

Yes unfortunately it was. getting it sorted by garage where I bought it
Marky s
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby jimmylad » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:54 pm

Had this issue with mine but I'm sure they said it was an air temperature sensor.

Van (155) is 20 months old on 32k. Problem started at about 22k & would go into limp mode and have little power. Sometimes the fault would appear & sometimes it wouldn't. Told the Ford dealer about it when it went in for it's 1st inspection & when i picked it up the light came on after 3 miles of driving it away. Needed the van for work so just put up with it until the 1st proper service. Told them when dropping it off for it's 1st service all about it & when I picked my van up the issue was still there so back in it went. Finally diagnosed as a sensor so it took Ford 3 attempts to sort it. It would reset when the van was turned off & could be fine for a few days or even a week but eventually it was coming on all the time. All sorted now under warranty but a pain in the arse when you have told them about the issue & they write it down when you drop it off & then it still does it when you are half way home.

Took it to TC Harrison for the 1st inspection in Derby and for various reasons I will never ever use that place again so I went to Sandicliffe in Loughborough for the 1st proper service. Better but still not great.
jimmylad
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Marky s » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:13 pm

Mines going in next Wednesday will let them know about air sensor but was told it was or could be maf sensor , but seems ford think we have all the time in the world to keep taking vans back to them losing time off work this will be my last ford as service is shocking especially after the door hine problem took them a week
Marky s
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Next

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits