*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Electronic Whining Noise

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Electronic Whining Noise

Postby tisnart » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:59 pm

I'm getting an electronic sounding whining noise when accelerating and decelerating. At first I thought it was from the radio speakers but it's not.

Anynody else had this?
tisnart
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Electronic Whining Noise

Postby Damien89 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:51 pm

Yep mine does it too sometimes, i also thought it was coming from the speakers. So where is it coming from?
Damien89

Postby tisnart » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:41 pm

I think I'll book mine into the dealers for a check. Could be normal though I've seen various reasons given for such a sound from Internet searches.
tisnart
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby mentalmechanic » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:15 pm

Mine would do this when the DPF was regenerating. Because the alternator load is engine ECU controlled i'm pretty sure it would put the alternator at max load (the whine), to increase load on the engine, thus helping to increase exhaust temps. Obviously more to it than that for DPF regeneration but this is just to say mine did this for 40k miles and only while the DPF was regenerating. Easiest way to tell when this is occurring is increased idle speed (about 1000 rpm) and cooling fan running. Dealer won't find anything wrong with even if there was!! From my experiences.......
mentalmechanic
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits