*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Adblue use

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Re: Adblue use

Postby S60r » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:23 am

I don't get all this whining over adblue?!

It's 6k quotes are optimum figures, if you start stop a lot expect it to go drastically down just like your fuel consumption figures.

If you don't like adblue buy a euro 5 and go back to blocked DPF or worse mpg/emission figures.

Basically, if you like to clean your windows a lot it may be prudent to have screen wash at home to top it up...... it's the same with bloody adblue...... oh... and it's cheaper than bloody screen wash. :shock:

You get a warning for 500 miles prior to the engine not starting...... that's quite similar your fuel gauge isn't it????

I just don't get what the issue is here??????
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:45 am

Ford claim "around" 6000 miles per tank od adblue for the custom. The Transit will be less because of its size, and an L2H2 will be different from an L4H3.

We all know that manufacturers mpg figures are just for comparison between vehicles but some people will have taken the adblue numbers as fact without considering the variables.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Damien89 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:47 pm

S60r wrote:I don't get all this whining over adblue?!

It's 6k quotes are optimum figures, if you start stop a lot expect it to go drastically down just like your fuel consumption figures.

If you don't like adblue buy a euro 5 and go back to blocked DPF or worse mpg/emission figures.

Basically, if you like to clean your windows a lot it may be prudent to have screen wash at home to top it up...... it's the same with bloody adblue...... oh... and it's cheaper than bloody screen wash. :shock:

You get a warning for 500 miles prior to the engine not starting...... that's quite similar your fuel gauge isn't it????

Dpf's still get blocked even with adblue, our moaning is because adblue is another thing one has to look out for. Egr's, dpf's, now adblue, all stuff that engine's can work without.
Damien89

Postby S60r » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:23 am

Another thing to look out for? You shouldn't have bought a euro6 then!

DPF's may still block but the instances will be way less due to the cleaner burn.... they may be things engines can run without but the directives are from on high and manufacturers have to comply. You can trade in for a euro 5 and save your self the hassle and expense of adblue if you prefer.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Damien89 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:46 am

S60r wrote:Another thing to look out for? You shouldn't have bought a euro6 then!

DPF's may still block but the instances will be way less due to the cleaner burn.... they may be things engines can run without but the directives are from on high and manufacturers have to comply. You can trade in for a euro 5 and save your self the hassle and expense of adblue if you prefer.

No i cant trade cause mine is a minibus and mk8 minibuses never came out as euro 5. That is the problem cause those that are up high do the directives and then we have to fork out the money for egr's, dpf's, adblue etc! All they do is sit in the car and get chauffered around!
Damien89

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:21 am

Damien89 wrote:All they do is sit in the car and get chauffered around!

Yeah I F***ng hate people who can't drive themselves...
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby mavericktc » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:59 pm

S60r wrote:Another thing to look out for? You shouldn't have bought a euro6 then!

If no one buys new vans there aren't any for the cheap asses that buy second hand ones.
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby S60r » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:57 am

The same cheap asses that are moaning about the cost of adblue no doubt.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ned » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:18 am

Do vehicles that use adblu benefit from cheaper road tax :?: N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby devonvanfan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:14 am

I posted this link in an earlier thread:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/vans/news-and- ... an-buyers/

A couple of quotes from the article concerning taxation:

“Euro 6 also reduces CO2 emissions, helping to decrease the carbon footprint of companies with large fleets – which can help with taxation. Similarly, should the Government ever choose to move LCVs onto a CO2-based road tax system from the current fixed rate (as has been discussed for 2018), owner-drivers will also benefit from lower CO2 vehicles.”

“Then there is London’s proposed Ultra-Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) for 2020, which will require all non-Euro 6 LCVs to pay a daily fee, in a manner similar to the Congestion Charge.”
devonvanfan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:28 am

nedforceone wrote:Do vehicles that use adblu benefit from cheaper road tax :?: N

Nope, certain euro 4/5 vehicles get a reduction but there's nothing for euro 6 even if they use adblue.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby mavericktc » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:54 am

nedforceone wrote:Do vehicles that use adblu benefit from cheaper road tax :?: N

Depends on the country.
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ned » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:43 pm

That's a bit sht init that you don't get cheaper road tax in the UK for euro6, I don't actually understand how they work out the road tax, it seems to be a law to itself. N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby RWG Contracts » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:59 pm

S60r wrote:I don't get all this whining over adblue?!

I don't do start stop driving really I wouldn't have said. Average fuel is 25 mpg towing trailer fee times a week. The only reason I raised this issue is because when I ordered my van I ordered a Euro 5 engine, partway through fire rang and said they'd have to change it to euro 6 engine, so I went to see them, the Rep then said they don't need much adblue only every 6000 miles or so, so I agreed to have it.

It does about 2000 miles on a tank of adblue, it's been back to ford numerous tones but they can't find the problem.

And it doesn't just remind you at 500 miles, it starts reminding you from 1800 miles. Annoying

The problem I have here isn't with adblue it's with ford telling me it will do 6000 miles and it not doing, I just wanted to find out if it's just mine not doing the 6000 miles
All content I post is as an individual, all opinions and information I post are my own and do not reflect RWG Contracts Ltd as a company
RWG Contracts
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:30 am

RWG Contracts wrote: it starts reminding you from 1800 miles.

This is what I'd be using to make my case. Warning you 200 miles after you've filled the adblue tank shows that there's a problem.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

PreviousNext

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits