*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit -15 problems

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Transit -15 problems

Postby cosfoortti » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Hi everybody.

I have a 2015 155hp transit econetic with 58000km on the meter and it has had different kinds of problems almost from the beginning.
Anybody ran into these same problems?

1. Expecially on a rainy weather, sometimes when I start the car at the morning the traction control light goes on and the motor temperature gauge doesn't rise at all even after driving ~50km. But after restarting the car the gauge jumps up and the traction control light stays off.

2. The torque is completely gone in low rpm but after the rpm rises and the turbo starts charging the power feels normal. It goes like that for a day and after that starts running normally again but the motor fault light goes on and also the traction control light and at least the traction control and possibly also abs is actually not in use.
Also a message saying "hillstart assist not available" appears.

I have taken the car to two different Ford dealers here in Finland and they both diagnosed it as a faulty or dirty egr valve.
The first company supposedly cleaned the valve but the problem came back after few weeks.

The other one just read the fault codes and ordered a new valve as a quarantee. Apparently they couldn't take a new one from the shelf because quarantee parts have a special delivery policy or something like that...

I really can't understand how a faulty egr valve could affect to some critical safety functions. Somehow sounds a bit made up story to cover up something else.

3. The steering has a weird spot where the steeringwheel kind of locks or sticks a little and I have to force it over the spot.
This usually happens when there are tracks in the road or a mild curve.

I mentioned this to the dealers also but after a quick check they just passed the issue by stating that the car is loaded the wrong way and the left side suspension has bottomed out.
I do have shelfs on the left side and pretty much all the equipment is located there but it is just electrical parts and tools so they really don't weigh that much.
Plus I have always had a same kind of setup in all my work cars including three different generation transits and never had this kind of problem before.
The problem exists with summer and winter tires and I have also tried with different tyre pressure
Mondeo titanium business -15, Transit econetic -15, Mustang GT cabriolet -96
cosfoortti
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Transit -15 problems

Postby ake » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:59 am

Egr faults create an engine management fault. Traction control uses engine management to slow down spinning wheel, so if you get certain engine faults, they also give traction control faults

The running symptoms you describe sound exactly like egr
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby cosfoortti » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:59 am

Ok well I quess that's possible then.

But there's still all the other problems. :(

When I scrolled through the forum I found lots of possible reasons for these problems.

The ecu box location might be one reason since these problems mostly occur in a moist and/or cold weather.

I forgot to add it to the list but sometimes the cruise control won't activate either.

Asked around from finnish forums and apparently there is a known fault in the design of auxiliary heater that can give similar problems that I havegn
There are a lot of same age transits in Finland that have the same problems and sone of the local dealers have knowledge about it but apparently they haven't had an approval/instructions from Ford yet so they can't really do anything about it.
Hopefully there will be a recall campaign conserning these problems in the near future.

The steering problem is a different story.
Might even have something to do with the stabilizer bar problem that I noticed had a recall campaign in UK...
Anyone know what kind of symptoms that had?
cosfoortti
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby cosfoortti » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:03 am

All the hiding from Ford is what makes me suspicious about these.
I talked with another Transit owner from Finland and he said that eventually after trying to fix the problems a long time he got a new vehicle... and he said that the old one was just put back to sale :shock: :lol:
cosfoortti
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby ake » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:07 pm

Any management fault will disable cruise control
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby Imranhafeez » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:17 am

Hi I have same problem my Ford custom 65 plate mini bus traction light comes on and van looses power and also break pad service message comes up with it where I’ve replaced the break pads. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Imranhafeez

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits