*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Handsfree whistle

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Handsfree whistle

Postby GazMorgie » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:32 pm

Hello, good evening..appologies in advance but I don't think I've posted on here before. I have a transit works van, a 65 plate 125, LWB RWD high roof. It has a 'standard' factory fit radio, not the posh "sync" type as I've seen on others. Anyway, when either of my phones (personal and work) are connected via Bluetooth and you either receive a call or try and make one, all you can hear is a whistling noise from the van speaker, and I have to put the phone to my ear. I work for a company but I organise a lot of my own work, so I do miss having it working right. It seems to be an intermittent fault as if you leave the radio on while im working outside (Im an agricultural mechanic) for a few hours, Ill jump in, start the van and switch Bluetooth on either phone it will be back to normal chit chat. As yet I haven't been past a ford dealer, as I haven't been working nearby, so I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and if it could be something simple. I have also tried to 're-pair' the phones to the radio but the fault is still there. Thanks in advance
GazMorgie

Re: Handsfree whistle

Postby paddyv » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:28 am

I'm having a similar problem with the radio in mine, brand new 2016 125ps.
Mine does it's own thing, locks me out of Bluetooth and USB settings, turns off USB port, freezes and refuses to work with the phone.

Tried new cables and different phones so definitely the radio.
Also tried a factory reset and USB reset in radio settings with no luck.

Ford recommended disconnecting battery, haven't tried that yet.
paddyv

Re: Handsfree whistle

Postby ake » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:19 am

Disconnect battery for a while.
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits