*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Looking to buy a new transit

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Re: Looking to buy a new transit

Postby mavericktc » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:58 pm

Azer van man wrote:It was a L3H3,I know that much,I wouldn't have a clue what PS it was but it was gutless...!!
Waste of a decent van imo.
Nice interior,handles well,huge load space,CC,Bluetooth streaming,sensors all round.
God knows what it would be like loaded....!!!
I doubt it would move.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coming from Sweden yourself,the 200's are pretty popular up there,I remember seeing quite a few when I've been :wink:

What did you think of the old 85ps then? That was gutless if something!

Yes, we have some up here. They are getting quite old now, 2012 and older.
Easy to spot, RWD (which sucks unless you are fully laden or tow a lot) and the bigger bumper up front.
Was considering one back in 2011 before I knew that the RWD had a higher loading floor.
It's more fun with a RWD non the less .

I find my custom with the 170ps quite peppy. Much better then the 155ps i had before.
Much due to a completely new engine.
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Azer van man » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi Al
I've been spoilt :wink:
I don't know how the newer 170ps will perform but I'd have to have it "Martin'd" :lol:
It's a shame Ford aren't doing the 200 for UK market,I suppose if you've got the money they'd do it,I can't believe it's all about emissions which I was told about back along as the Yanks are more strict than the UK apparently :?
Maybe I'll have to go for a 200ps Iveco or 319 Sprinter....!!!
Still I'll be keeping my 200 for a year or two yet...it's only done 350,000 so plenty to go yet :wink:
Choose life, Choose a Transit, Italian Job Done ,Its the Irish in me.....I only listen to Above and Beyond
Now with A 5 pot Beast.......I started off with nothing and I still got most of it left...!!
Azer van man
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Azer van man » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:39 pm

mavericktc wrote:
Azer van man wrote:It was a L3H3,I know that much,I wouldn't have a clue what PS it was but it was gutless...!!
Waste of a decent van imo.
Nice interior,handles well,huge load space,CC,Bluetooth streaming,sensors all round.
God knows what it would be like loaded....!!!
I doubt it would move.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coming from Sweden yourself,the 200's are pretty popular up there,I remember seeing quite a few when I've been :wink:

What did you think of the old 85ps then? That was gutless if something!

Yes, we have some up here. They are getting quite old now, 2012 and older.
Easy to spot, RWD (which sucks unless you are fully laden or tow a lot) and the bigger bumper up front.
Was considering one back in 2011 before I knew that the RWD had a higher loading floor.
It's more fun with a RWD non the less .

I find my custom with the 170ps quite peppy. Much better then the 155ps i had before.
Much due to a completely new engine.

Now,170 in a Custom....nice :wink:
I've probably only ever seen 10-12 200's over here,there's a guy who lives about 10 miles from me who has one on a 58 plate,not even done 100,000 yet and it's been restricted to 72 since he had it as he had another one before which his employees used and they were forever getting speeding tickets :lol:
I've never had a problem with mine whether loaded or empty,obviously a little slower to get to 80mph but still holds it very well on the hills.
There's usually one or two for sale on Marketplatz (NL) when I've looked so may consider a Left Hooker one day.
Choose life, Choose a Transit, Italian Job Done ,Its the Irish in me.....I only listen to Above and Beyond
Now with A 5 pot Beast.......I started off with nothing and I still got most of it left...!!
Azer van man
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Previous

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits