Transitmania 10 @Santa Pod 18th to 20th May 2018


6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby Martin123 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:44 am

I have a late 2016 mk8 2.0 euro 6 Transit Custom 8 seater currently used as a taxi. This vehicle has been an absolute nightmare, since buying it the service notification is coming on at approximately every 2000 miles. Obviously as under warranty the dealer has changed the oil FOC several times and the vehicle has been investigated with no fault found, so off I go again, do a bit more work and same problem arises. Now the dealer is refusing to keep changing the oil. I took it to another dealer, they say there's nothing wrong with it.
Also I am putting adblue in it as fast as diesel, I have to buy it in bulk, I'm lucky if it even does 1200 miles on 15 litres. So to sum it up I have spent best part of £35k on a lemon, which I am stuck with. I am currently getting a solicitor involved because in my opinion it's not fit for purpose.
I just wondered if anyone on this forum has had any similar issues as I can't keep changing the oil every 2k.
Martin123
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:31 am

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby dumper » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:32 pm

Have you had the oil tested to see if it is contaminated at one time at work oil samples whear taken every 21 day inspection and we only did oil changes once a year unless contaminated
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
dumper
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby rimotu66 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:34 pm

2007 SWB 110PS GLX Mk7
User avatar
rimotu66
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:56 am
Location: Grimsby

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby RWG Contracts » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:56 am

Martin123 wrote:I have a late 2016 mk8 2.0 euro 6 Transit Custom 8 seater currently used as a taxi. This vehicle has been an absolute nightmare, since buying it the service notification is coming on at approximately every 2000 miles. Obviously as under warranty the dealer has changed the oil FOC several times and the vehicle has been investigated with no fault found, so off I go again, do a bit more work and same problem arises. Now the dealer is refusing to keep changing the oil. I took it to another dealer, they say there's nothing wrong with it.
Also I am putting adblue in it as fast as diesel, I have to buy it in bulk, I'm lucky if it even does 1200 miles on 15 litres. So to sum it up I have spent best part of £35k on a lemon, which I am stuck with. I am currently getting a solicitor involved because in my opinion it's not fit for purpose.
I just wondered if anyone on this forum has had any similar issues as I can't keep changing the oil every 2k.



Bought mine new and mine was doing the same, took it to dealer and they just reset it and sent me away said it only needs changing at 15k. You can reset the message on your screen through you don't need to take it to ford
All content I post is as an individual, all opinions and information I post are my own and do not reflect RWG Contracts Ltd as a company
RWG Contracts
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:37 am

RWG Contracts wrote:You can reset the message on your screen through you don't need to take it to ford


What are the possible consequences if you reset the warning and then suffer a catastrophic engine failure? Presumably the van will have stored the warnings and resets so it can drop you in it?
Mike
Wind up merchant!
 
Posts: 17272
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: HP17 0UT

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby Martin123 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Thanks for the replies, at least now I can see I'm not the only one with issues. For me to spend so much money and then be told it's normal for the oil to be contaminated every few miles is simply not on and I am now contacting trading standards with the help of a solicitor. Hopefully if enough people get on Ford's back nationaly then something will have to be done.
Martin123
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:31 am

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby V184 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:50 pm

Martin123 wrote:Thanks for the replies, at least now I can see I'm not the only one with issues. For me to spend so much money and then be told it's normal for the oil to be contaminated every few miles is simply not on and I am now contacting trading standards with the help of a solicitor. Hopefully if enough people get on Ford's back nationaly then something will have to be done.


I had a similar situation on a mk7 euro5 with the fuel filter "requires changing" every 4k (we use Shell fuel) the dealer was happy to bull5h1t me it was normal, 75 quid a go, it was only when i changed the housing which was fitted with a sensor did the fault disappear
User avatar
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2864
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: You're right, V184 is an arsehole with a chip on his shoulder........

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby RWG Contracts » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Mike wrote:
RWG Contracts wrote:You can reset the message on your screen through you don't need to take it to ford


What are the possible consequences if you reset the warning and then suffer a catastrophic engine failure? Presumably the van will have stored the warnings and resets so it can drop you in it?


I don't really care. The only thing I like about the van is the heated seat
All content I post is as an individual, all opinions and information I post are my own and do not reflect RWG Contracts Ltd as a company
RWG Contracts
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby Mike » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:41 pm

RWG Contracts wrote:I don't really care. The only thing I like about the van is the heated seat


Probably the best bit of a MK8 :mrgreen:
Mike
Wind up merchant!
 
Posts: 17272
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: HP17 0UT

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby Damien89 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:33 pm

Most probably the oil quality sensor is at fault, i would have the oil analyzed just to be sure.
Something that just crossed my mind, is the dealer really changing the oil?? Or are they just resetting the light and charging you for the oil change?
17 Seat Ford Transit Mk7 2007 115bhp
18 Seat Ford Transit Mk8 2015 155bhp
Damien89
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby mavericktc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:31 pm

My dealer told me that there is a bug in the oil life thingy.

I can understand the massive amount of money it costs to change so often.
I told my dealer to do an oil change (I don't think that the first oil in the motor should be there for 37000 miles) and it was bloody expensive.
The engine holds 8.3 liters :shock: and costed me 411 euros. That included a filter....... :|

Euro6 ofc.
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:56 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby CJB1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:46 pm

I bought mine new and change oil came up at 1800 miles, Dealer said bring it in and they would re set the dash. took it in and they then said they needed to change the oil and wanted to plug it in to check it out, when I picked it up they said it was a problem ford were having and mine should be ok now!! time will tell
CJB1
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby Damien89 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:01 am

mavericktc wrote:My dealer told me that there is a bug in the oil life thingy.

I can understand the massive amount of money it costs to change so often.
I told my dealer to do an oil change (I don't think that the first oil in the motor should be there for 37000 miles) and it was bloody expensive.
The engine holds 8.3 liters :shock: and costed me 411 euros. That included a filter....... :|

Euro6 ofc.


Mine takes 10 litres of oil, 2.2 euro6
17 Seat Ford Transit Mk7 2007 115bhp
18 Seat Ford Transit Mk8 2015 155bhp
Damien89
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby mavericktc » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Damien89 wrote:
mavericktc wrote:My dealer told me that there is a bug in the oil life thingy.

I can understand the massive amount of money it costs to change so often.
I told my dealer to do an oil change (I don't think that the first oil in the motor should be there for 37000 miles) and it was bloody expensive.
The engine holds 8.3 liters :shock: and costed me 411 euros. That included a filter....... :|

Euro6 ofc.


Mine takes 10 litres of oil, 2.2 euro6

2.2 euro6?

And what car/van do you drive?

The only ones that can have a 2.2 euro6 is a passenger car as the law for euro6 came one year before (when the 2.0 wasn't finished) the light trucks.
I tourneo might do the trick.
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:56 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: 6 Oil Changes in 15000 miles

Postby Damien89 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:10 pm

mavericktc wrote:
Damien89 wrote:
mavericktc wrote:My dealer told me that there is a bug in the oil life thingy.

I can understand the massive amount of money it costs to change so often.
I told my dealer to do an oil change (I don't think that the first oil in the motor should be there for 37000 miles) and it was bloody expensive.
The engine holds 8.3 liters :shock: and costed me 411 euros. That included a filter....... :|

Euro6 ofc.


Mine takes 10 litres of oil, 2.2 euro6

2.2 euro6?

And what car/van do you drive?

The only ones that can have a 2.2 euro6 is a passenger car as the law for euro6 came one year before (when the 2.0 wasn't finished) the light trucks.
I tourneo might do the trick.


Transit mk8 18 seat minibus
17 Seat Ford Transit Mk7 2007 115bhp
18 Seat Ford Transit Mk8 2015 155bhp
Damien89
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:07 pm

Next

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users