*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Release deadlock after theft attempt

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Release deadlock after theft attempt

Postby BoxAndy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi All,

New here and really hope someone can help.

I drive a 15 plate (MY2014) 350L Transit Regular Cargo Van and some kind scrote has (unsuccessfully) attempted to break into it by attacking the front door wiring. It looks as though they've inserted a metal coat hanger in the gap between the front of the doors and the back of the wings and tried to rip/short the wiring out.

Luckily I was still able to open the driver's door and have removed the door trim and carefully removed the damaged door wiring harness. After removing the passenger seats and the trim at the l/h end of the dash, I've also managed to remove the trim from the passenger door, but can't open it to remove the damaged harness as the door is deadlocked.

I have access to the door catch motor connection and have searched extensively but can't find the pinouts for the connection which would enable me to manually apply power release the deadlock and open the door. I have also tried metering across all the cables but can't make any sense of it and am reluctant to start applying power and risk damaging things further - I've got enough hassle without making things worse!

I've spoken to my local Ford dealer who have been quite helpful but have said they can't give me the information I need to release the lock as a) they don't know for this vehicle and b) would need to speak to Ford to find out and perform the task themselves as it's quite sensitive info. The issue is they want £105/hr and can't tell me how long it's going to take.

There are 6 cables that go to the lock motor, all black.

Anyone have any idea please
BoxAndy

Re: Release deadlock after theft attempt

Postby loot » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:56 pm

They can't help you? They won't help you free more like.
Go to www.etis.ford.com

Register an account, you can then pay 13 gbp for 1 days access (iirc) to it including wiring diagrams which you can download to your phone/laptop as pdf.

Regarding the deadlocking i think if you've removed the damaged loom have you checked all the fuses? You may still need to take it to ford for repair work on the bcm etc, if you can't get the locking to work now? Unlocking the other doors at this point seems moot. :(
But as above will get you the wiring diagrams for everything.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby BoxAndy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:23 pm

loot wrote:They can't help you? They won't help you free more like.
Go to http://www.etis.ford.com

Register an account, you can then pay 13 gbp for 1 days access (iirc) to it including wiring diagrams which you can download to your phone/laptop as pdf.

If I've understood correctly, you now have to deposit 50 Euros to create an account.

loot wrote:Regarding the deadlocking i think if you've removed the damaged loom have you checked all the fuses? You may still need to take it to ford for repair work on the bcm etc, if you can't get the locking to work now? Unlocking the other doors at this point seems moot. :(

I've removed the damaged harness from the driver's side but can't remove the harness from the passenger side (which was also badly damaged) until I can unlock and open the passenger door!

Has anyone got access to ETIS who might be able to check to see if there is a specific pinout-diagram for the locks, before I part with some cash please?
BoxAndy

Postby Brains_transit » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:08 am

You can remove the wing and reach the wiring but the mirror will probably still have shear bolts
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby BoxAndy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:31 am

Brains_transit wrote:You can remove the wing and reach the wiring but the mirror will probably still have shear bolts

I looked at doing that (by inspecting the driver's side) but isn't there a bolt or bolts at the back of the wing which you can only get to with the door open?
BoxAndy

Postby loot » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:25 am

I joined etis free and got 1 hour transit custom diagrams for about 8 gbp i managed to copy most of them but not the central locking.

If it has now changed then ignore my advice.:-(
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Brains_transit » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:54 am

BoxAndy wrote:
Brains_transit wrote:You can remove the wing and reach the wiring but the mirror will probably still have shear bolts

I looked at doing that (by inspecting the driver's side) but isn't there a bolt or bolts at the back of the wing which you can only get to with the door open?

There's one bolt on the door side but it can be removed with a ratchet spanner
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits