*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Drivers door hinge

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Drivers door hinge

Postby EdenAqua » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:15 pm

Hey,
New to the forum.

Basically I've a 14' plate transit custom limited and the other day, out working, I had the van half on a kerb and the other half on the road. Opened my drivers side door, with a small gust of wind and the door caught under the wing and getting stuck under it, meaning I can't fully open my door and paint work is all scratched because of this. So I assumed this was my fault, but when I took it into the body shop to get fixed the guys(whom I have a good realationship with) told me that it's a common problem with transits/7seater versions and that it should be covered by warranty.

So off I went and phoned Ford to get some absolute snotty woman on the phone telling me my van was too old and that it wasn't a recall(maybe I used the wrong word) but it was a known problem. She quickly contradicted herself and said that recently they'd had a 14' van in do replace the same thing but hey couldn't do mine because it was already damaged. My arguement was it wouldn't be damaged if the hinges were fit for purpose. So I see a fairly big debate heading my way very shortly, why should I pay out to get this fixed if it's a known problem.

I've read some posts on here with people saying that they've had the same thing happen. If you have had this happen, can you please tell me your experience with getting the matter resolved?

Thanks
Darryle
EdenAqua

Re: Drivers door hinge

Postby Jvic28 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:43 pm

EdenAqua wrote:Hey,
New to the forum.

Basically I've a 14' plate transit custom limited and the other day, out working, I had the van half on a kerb and the other half on the road. Opened my drivers side door, with a small gust of wind and the door caught under the wing and getting stuck under it, meaning I can't fully open my door and paint work is all scratched because of this. So I assumed this was my fault, but when I took it into the body shop to get fixed the guys(whom I have a good realationship with) told me that it's a common problem with transits/7seater versions and that it should be covered by warranty.

So off I went and phoned Ford to get some absolute snotty woman on the phone telling me my van was too old and that it wasn't a recall(maybe I used the wrong word) but it was a known problem. She quickly contradicted herself and said that recently they'd had a 14' van in do replace the same thing but hey couldn't do mine because it was already damaged. My arguement was it wouldn't be damaged if the hinges were fit for purpose. So I see a fairly big debate heading my way very shortly, why should I pay out to get this fixed if it's a known problem.

I've read some posts on here with people saying that they've had the same thing happen. If you have had this happen, can you please tell me your experience with getting the matter resolved?

Thanks
Darryle

Doesn't matter. They have to go to Ford for approval first. But if needs be they will approve a door and wing if damaged.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Warranty/Service Department Administrator - Ford Main Dealer
Expert in nothing but here to help if I can
Jvic28
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits