*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

mk8 jumbo dash lights ?

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

mk8 jumbo dash lights ?

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:44 pm

hi all , just bought a 2014 jumbo mk8 trend , all is good but have a couple of queries about dash lights , when im using cruise control there is no light or any indication at all on dash to say its on, is that right ? shouldn't there be a little clock type light ? and also no light for hill start assist either ? both functions are working ok but no lights to say there are activated
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: mk8 jumbo dash lights ?

Postby Damien89 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:15 pm

RECKLESS ROAD wrote:hi all , just bought a 2014 jumbo mk8 trend , all is good but have a couple of queries about dash lights , when im using cruise control there is no light or any indication at all on dash to say its on, is that right ? shouldn't there be a little clock type light ? and also no light for hill start assist either ? both functions are working ok but no lights to say there are activated

No lights on the mk8 for hill assist and c control. Cruise control on should tell you its on in the centre display.
Damien89

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:07 am

Damien89 wrote:
RECKLESS ROAD wrote:hi all , just bought a 2014 jumbo mk8 trend , all is good but have a couple of queries about dash lights , when im using cruise control there is no light or any indication at all on dash to say its on, is that right ? shouldn't there be a little clock type light ? and also no light for hill start assist either ? both functions are working ok but no lights to say there are activated

No lights on the mk8 for hill assist and c control. Cruise control on should tell you its on in the centre display.
yes that's what I thought but nothing comes on the display at all ,the cruise control is working but you wouldn't know except for feeling it working , also the limiter doesn't seem to be working at all ,nothing comes on the display for that either
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Damien89 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:47 pm

RECKLESS ROAD wrote:
Damien89 wrote:

yes that's what I thought but nothing comes on the display at all ,the cruise control is working but you wouldn't know except for feeling it working , also the limiter doesn't seem to be working at all ,nothing comes on the display for that either

When you turn the cruise control on it should write in the centre 'cruise control standby'
Take it to the dealer and have them check another van to see if its the same as yours.
Damien89

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:06 pm

well the van is being returned and im having my money back , from day one the sellers were a***holes , I paid £16,100 for the van ,14 plate jumbo trend, it was delivered last Tuesday while I was out on a job ,when I got back and started the van the eml was on ,so I phoned the company and told them to which they said it wasn't on when delivered but just so happened that it was on when it had its first mot 4 miles before , anyway I went to a friend who turned it off for me ,on its maiden trip , it was difficult to engage 1st gear to which they said "you will get used to it" , and nothing came on the dash for cruise control or the speed limiter ,they told me to book it in to a local dealer and get all the issues done ,next day the service light came ,I switched that off but another message came on about changing the oil which you cant turn off yourself ,I was told this van had a full service on the Monday before being delivered to me, so being fairly mechanically minded I checked the oil and the air filter , the air filter was pretty much disintegrated and most of it had gone through the turbo , I again called the company and spoke to the maintenance manager who said it had a new air filter on Monday and it must of been the rain that day had leaked onto the filter( what was left of the filter was bone dry and moldy) and ford had a fix for this problem , I took the van to the main dealer who said that filter was a couple of years old anyone could see that and even had march 2015 stamped on it, they said I was lucky it didn't kill the turbo and the engine but it probably had cause some damage to the turbo ,and the fix had already been done on this van in 2014, I told all this to the company I brought the van off and they still wouldn't accept the filter hadn't been changed , they had really got my back up at that point and I just told them come and fetch the van back and I wanted my money back ,I noticed it failed it first mot aswell on a front tyre and the passenger seat belt not retracting but it passed the retest even though the seat belt still doesn't retract ? I couldn't trust a thing they said , was the mileage right ? they had owned the van from new and done any repairs in house and no mileage is recorded on any repair, their attitude is disgusting, it is not a back street company either , this is a big company with various branches , I don't want to name them at this point , I should of really test drove the van but it is 150 miles from my house and they seem to be a very reputable company selling a lot of vehicles , I guess you cant trust anyone
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:40 pm

The company was days of Swansea
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits