*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

mk8 engines

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Re: mk8 engines

Postby psv-hgv-flt » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:07 pm

huns wrote:I have the strongest 2.2L variant (no adblue), and it's struggling to keep up with even smaller hills if I have ~1.2T loaded on it. It's only an LWB variant too, not a Jumbo. Don't get me wrong, if you don't put too much load on it, it flies. Then again, the MK7 with the better engines also flew.
So I wonder what the 2.0L engine is capable. Looked at reviews, they all cry about that the new one has zero amount of power. So yeah, do research and test drive one before purchase.

PS.: I don't even understand. Mercedes has V6. Renault has 2.3L. Hyundai has 2.4L. Why the HELL is Ford using such wimpy weak engines? It's mind boggling. Ford has the looks, the comfort, the ergonomics, the tech. And then they ruin it all with the engine. There is some serious shakeup needed in the leadership department at Ford.

that's why I went for the last of the 2.2 as I do lots of towing,,,,my custom ltd is the 155bhp,, remaped too 195 min and peaked at 201bhp
psv-hgv-flt
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Peterposh » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:24 pm

They are going for the 2 litre as they can reduce emissions and increase fuel economy, most van manufacturers have shrunk their engines to 2 litre, the new vivaro is only available in 1.6
Peterposh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby baxi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:26 am

take a look at the ford transit usa dealer web site and see the engines they fit over there - no weedy engines for them ? .
baxi
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits