*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Servicing - Vehicle Checks

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Servicing - Vehicle Checks

Postby breakerbreaker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi,

I've got Euro 5's... and more recently a Euro 6 Transit - these are the first new vehicles I've bought having always had 2nd hand motors just out of warranty in the past.

The Euro 5's just went in for annual service, but when I got the Euro 6 - the dealer told me to read up as there were spec changes with Ad-Blu etc. I read the service manual schedule as service at 36,000miles. Personally, I'd want to change the oil around 18-20 for my own piece of mind - but didn't think much more about it - just assumed the engines were getting better. The Euro 6 has been doing some distance work and the driver told me the other day the display had an "oil change" message. Its done 21k so has gone a little further than I had thought... but I just rang Ford and they asked me if I wanted an check or a service... check due at 18k and service due at 36k. At this point I bumbled my way out of the conversation, as its well past 18k.

Is this going to void the warranty?
breakerbreaker

Re: Servicing - Vehicle Checks

Postby Don Kee » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:15 am

No, warranty will be fine

Interim check isn't compulsory for the warranty to be valid.
My custom (Euro 5) is due the interim, but I've just booked it for the full service; price difference is negligible
Don Kee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Servicing - Vehicle Checks

Postby ake » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:39 pm

I get ours serviced, if you plan to keep it it's not worth skimping
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits