*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Engine gone pop

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Re: Engine gone pop

Postby V184 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:16 pm

Kent Knob Nosher ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby cornishpasty » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:41 pm

Well even Ford Fleet services are not capable of getting their dealer to complete what was promised, just received email and now supposed to be Monday.

Is it any wonder people buy other makes ?
cornishpasty
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby karl » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:04 pm

has this still not been repaired yet (new engine )

had a phone call the other day from a local groundwork company

his oil light came on so he took it back driving it :shock: and seized it on the way

this is a euro 5 2.2 tdci psa engine

but this wasn't a transit its in a citreon :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

and yes citreon have it and left it in their yard at warrington they are not even holding responsibility at the minute
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby MK7 user » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:59 pm

cornishpasty wrote:Well even Ford Fleet services are not capable of getting their dealer to complete what was promised, just received email and now supposed to be Monday.

Is it any wonder people buy other makes ?

Eve Ning cornish....I can feel your pain. :x

If you allow this abysmal episode to drag you down you'll end up in the same place as the toss jockey's....however much they insist the grass is greener, it's their mental health issues allowing them to believe the place they are in is called Utopia. :wink:
No Squire, not just any van....it has to be a Mk7 (VM.1) :D
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby karl » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:08 pm

we will have a boxing ring next year at mania :lol:

i must say you lot are like a load of bitches in here

the guy has no van

so when you bitches coming to transit mania to show ya faces and you all know who you are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you carnt hide for ever i wont know were to come for your funerals :D

joking
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby V184 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:08 pm

karl wrote:has this still not been repaired yet (new engine )

had a phone call the other day from a local groundwork company

his oil light came on so he took it back driving it :shock: and seized it on the way

this is a euro 5 2.2 tdci psa engine

but this wasn't a transit its in a citreon :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

and yes citreon have it and left it in their yard at warrington they are not even holding responsibility at the minute

Cant see what relevance this has :? two wrongs don't make it ok :wink:
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby MK7 user » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:39 pm

V184 wrote:doesn't really help or have any relevance to this thread :wink:

V184 wrote: a sensible relevant reply :roll:

V184 wrote: Cant see what relevance this has :?

Your relevance to this forum stands forth as a "Contradiction in Terms" :roll:

Heyup cornish....you out cruising in the van, or you still poping the pills. :mrgreen:
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby cornishpasty » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:44 am

Had email Friday late to say Monday
They actually cycled ignition on Sunday as it has a tracker
Monday ignition cycled several times but now Tuesday morning and still no van
cornishpasty
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MK7 user » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:28 pm

cornishpasty wrote:Had email Friday late to say Monday
They actually cycled ignition on Sunday as it has a tracker
Monday ignition cycled several times but now Tuesday morning and still no van

You've got me reaching for the paracetamol just reading this cornish....you must have the patience of a Saint. :(
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby cornishpasty » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:15 pm

Guess what?

Now it needs a DPF as they can not do a regen.

Obvious it needs a DPF after all the oil and smoke out the back sure any mechanic would know this but dealer muppets are something else.

Even got the one of the dealer owners to admit, in email, that if he were the customer he would also be very unhappy at the way the dealership has handled it.

Still it is only 13 weeks last Monday but been given another fairy tale date of Friday this week.

As we have a spare van as a member of staff left have not been completely useless but have not got all my tools and bits from the van as thought should have been sorted in a couple of weeks.

North Devon's only Ford dealer, still no better than years ago when we lost a Transit for 3 weeks for throttle pedal under warranty.
cornishpasty
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby V184 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:32 pm

over to you mk7 :roll:

I thought SMC Crayford taking 3 weeks to replace a front wheel bearing on a Connect was taking the p155 ! think i got off likely !
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby bambi mk 1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:49 pm

On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby MK7 user » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:00 am

:roll: I hope you don't think I'm being harsh cornish....there is no way on Gods Earth any company I've ever worked for will leave a van off the road for 3 weeks to have a bloody throttle pedal or wheel bearing replaced....if the cost of downtime is more than the cost of repair I'd of fixed the thing myself or taken it to an Independent garage & sod to the warranty claim.

I'm struggling to see the logic in allowing the van to go back to the same shambles that have previously let you down....I'd of paid the transporter fees to somewhere else & just took the cost on the chin. :wink:

It's looking like the lease company are bordering on piss useless....I hope you didn't choose them because they offered the cheapest deal. :roll:
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby V184 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:26 pm

You dont know the facts (again :lol: ) mk7 there may be a problem with parts supply etc & completely out of the dealers hands :wink:
Regarding the 3 weeks to replace a wheel bearing i was told bring it in this time next week which i did assuming (something you do a lot of :lol: ) the repair would be done but no it was for there "super tech" to road test the vehicle and define the fault it was then booked in the following week for the repair by which time it had fu-ked the hub which took them a week to get :evil: over to you mk7 :)
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby MK7 user » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:03 am

V184 wrote:You dont know the facts (again :lol: ) mk7 there may be a problem with parts supply etc & completely out of the dealers hands :wink:
Regarding the 3 weeks to replace a wheel bearing i was told bring it in this time next week which i did assuming (something you do a lot of :lol: ) the repair would be done but no it was for there "super tech" to road test the vehicle and define the fault it was then booked in the following week for the repair by which time it had fu-ked the hub which took them a week to get :evil: over to you mk7 :)

What is it about "responsibility" & "taking ownership" of a situation you don't quite understand :?:

You've chimed into numerous other threads making comments that lead people to believe you have a wealth of knowledge & experience with regard to the owning & operating of light commercial vehicles....you have even chimed into this thread claiming your dribble is "sound advice" based on "experience" :shock:

The Mk6 I had was a company supplied lease vehicle, I had a brake calliper seize & chose to drive back to corporate H.Q. rather than wait for a recovery truck on the hard shoulder in the rain....by the time I'd got back I'd totalled the disc & wheel bearing into the bargain :( ....the leasing co. booked it into the next available slot at the nearest dealership for 9 day's later....there is no way my employer is ever going to find that acceptable, so at the third calling I found another dealership that would do it next day if we paid the transporter costs....Yes, it was repaired by 4.30pm the following day & the leasing company paid out of the funds we paid in a monthly maintenance fee. 8)

Back to your wheel bearing....what a complete tosser would do is blame someone else for a situation they should have taken ownership of & responsibility for themselves....are there any bells ringing :?:

I can appreciate that cornish (or his employer) have zero control over ordering a replacement engine, but it's quite obvious from reading this tale of woe they have failed to take ownership of the situation & communicate what there expectations are & have a contingency plan for when it looks to be going wrong. :wink:

I've spat the dummy out on more than one occasion in a service reception....you either get what you want, when you want it or use another dealership/Independent garage/ DIY.... £90 in transporter costs instead of being sat on your useless ass blaming someone else. :D
MK7 user
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits