*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

DRL Wiring

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

DRL Wiring

Postby neepcutter » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi all couple of questions from a newbie
Trying to fit the Osram drl/fog on my MK8 Jumbo where would be the easiest place to pick up a live and ignition feed ,had a look in the engine fuse box there is a few unused ones in there switched and constant feed would it be ok to break in there?
On my headlamp units I have a H7 + H1 low beam ,H15 high/DRL and a led ? Strip
If I am using the Osrams for DRLs can I just cut the wires for the DRL part of the H15 filament and finally would there be a way of making the LED strip come on at startup rather than just sidelights i.e. feed with a switched live or even looping in the cut wire from the original DRL or would that back feed and affect the can-bus.Any suggestions would be welcome
Thanks in advance
16 plate 350 Jumbo trend SRW 155ps
neepcutter

Re: DRL Wiring

Postby cristakey » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:19 pm

neepcutter wrote:Hi all couple of questions from a newbie
Trying to fit the Osram drl/fog on my MK8 Jumbo where would be the easiest place to pick up a live and ignition feed ,had a look in the engine fuse box there is a few unused ones in there switched and constant feed would it be ok to break in there?
On my headlamp units I have a H7 + H1 low beam ,H15 high/DRL and a led ? Strip
If I am using the Osrams for DRLs can I just cut the wires for the DRL part of the H15 filament and finally would there be a way of making the LED strip come on at startup rather than just sidelights i.e. feed with a switched live or even looping in the cut wire from the original DRL or would that back feed and affect the can-bus.Any suggestions would be welcome
Thanks in advance

Sorry I can't answer your questions, but I'm interested in the post.
If you manage to get the Osram led on and the Ford OEM drl off, let me know.

Thank you very much
cristakey
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby neepcutter » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:48 pm

Yes got it all up and running osram drl/fog on and original crappy DRL off. Osram comes on with ignition and goes off with main beam . I cut the wire to the original DRL right up at the bulb and insulated it did not throw up any error code.
neepcutter

Postby cristakey » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:35 am

neepcutter wrote:Yes got it all up and running osram drl/fog on and original crappy DRL off. Osram comes on with ignition and goes off with main beam . I cut the wire to the original DRL right up at the bulb and insulated it did not throw up any error code.

Well, that's perfect, thank you very much.
By the way, is your car coming with cornering light? It would very nice to use cornering function with Osram when turning right/left as my car does (and not when the indicators are on)
cristakey
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby neepcutter » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:46 am

This model has no cornering lights sorry cant be of any help
neepcutter

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits