*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Snow filter ?

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Snow filter ?

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:59 am

Besides being a major recall on the early mk8s what is the point of the snow filter ? What does it do ?
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Snow filter ?

Postby Damien89 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:32 pm

RECKLESS ROAD wrote:Besides being a major recall on the early mk8s what is the point of the snow filter ? What does it do ?

Which recall was related to the snow filter?
Damien89

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:58 pm

Damien89 wrote:
RECKLESS ROAD wrote:Besides being a major recall on the early mk8s what is the point of the snow filter ? What does it do ?

The water run off the body when it rained and got into the filter box via the snow filter so they fitted a plastic cover over it as a fix
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Damien89 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:26 pm

RECKLESS ROAD wrote:
Damien89 wrote:

The water run off the body when it rained and got into the filter box via the snow filter so they fitted a plastic cover over it as a fix

But wasn't that recall for us version of the transit? I never heard anyone mention it on this forum.
Damien89

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:48 pm

I had a 2014 transit l4 for a couple of weeks which had a wrecked filter when I took it to ford they said it had already had the recal done ??? Think it's the same on the custom too, but anyway what is the point of the snow filter ??
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits