*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Short Alarm sound when unlocking.

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Short Alarm sound when unlocking.

Postby chipper61 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:29 am

As the online and published information about the alarm and security system is scant to say the least, I am wondering if anyone has come across this problem. It's a 2016 transit jumbo with 2.2 tdci engine. It has a siemens VDO tacho fitted.
I have had the van laid up a fair amount during conversion to a camper. The auxiliary battery has almost gone flat to the point of the remotes not working a couple of times. A drive out or idling for an hour has recharged it . The van has recently started giving a short blast of the alarm when ever I unlock it on the fob and full alarm if I use the key. This stops the first time after a drive or idle to charge the aux battery, but the next opening gives the same again. I presume this is some sort of alert but no Ford dealer has been able to shed any light on it.
Has anyone else come across this problem please ?
chipper61

Re: Short Alarm sound when unlocking.

Postby Flashback33 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:23 pm

The standard Ford Perimeter Alarm, works by sensing a door or bonnet opening without a key and consequently sounding the alarm.
Maybe you have a faulty/intermittent door opening sensor, which would trigger a false alarm. Might be worth checking these out first.

A quick test is NOT to do the locking double button press (i.e. perimeter alarm OFF) and check to see if you have false alarms.
Flashback33
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Short Alarm sound when unlocking.

Postby Altransit » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:34 pm

The alarm may also sound where there's low battery voltage, so I would suspect that the aux battery is failing. Being left for long periods in a discharged state won't have helped, so although a short run will restore it's resting voltage, it will also discharge quite quickly :(

I would be willing to bet that a new aux battery will cure the fault, you just need to persuade your dealer to fit one in and try it :wink:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits