*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

12 Volt Socket-Cigarette Lighter

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

12 Volt Socket-Cigarette Lighter

Postby t0m541 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:25 pm

I drive a 15 plate LWB as my work van, (I have a mk7 as my personal van).
The issue I am having is that over the past few months, the 12v socket in the dash near the gear lever wont power the adaptor for the tablet PC I use as part of my job.
It's an 12v 8w input and 19v output to the computer, can't remember the wattage.
Even without the PC plugged in it won't power the charger though plug other adaptors in, say phone charger, dashcam etc and it works.
The PC adaptor is in good working order as it's been tried in other vans in the fleet, just my one.
It started to be just intermittent and I thought the charger was going down, but been sent a new one and that wouldn't fire up either.
Are the sockets a straight 12v supply off the fuse or do they go through some kind of relay or voltage stabiliser ?
The van is a lease van and is still under Ford warranty so if there is some kind of trick electronics then it can go into the dealers to get sorted.
'56 plate 2.2 Mk7 in white, EGR deleted, leather seats LED lights all round with HiD headlights
t0m541
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits