*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

High Revs, Door Rattle and Oil Change

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

High Revs, Door Rattle and Oil Change

Postby AndrewPS » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi Folks

Had my double cab (2.0L 130ps) a few months now and still like it apart from a few issues:

When setting off in first gear mostly on inclines the revs in first gear seem to stick at about 2000 rpm for about 4 seconds then van is fine, doesn't do it all the time but at least a few times a day, must sound like I'm changing gear with foot on accelerator from the outside.

Van has only done 2K miles and is 7 mths old, it was pre-registerd and 5 mths old when I bought it with 150 miles on the clock and this morning in cold got a message saying oil change due soon, flashed for a few seconds then went off, will see if it comes on again on way home tonight.

When I got the van the 2 side doors rattled like hell, took to dealers and they said that the door seals weren't lubricated (think they meant the tracks with the white runner wheels) which they did and it was fine for a few weeks, then noise came back but not as bad, I have re-greased everywhere, on each slider and everywhere the door meets and this morning when it was freezing it sounded like I was driving over a cattle grid, I've seen lots of threads on this and I think it makes it worse as it's a double cab and you probably wouldn't hear it as much in a van, can't think what else to do, there are no loose nuts or bolts, nothing in back of van, my thoughts are it's coming from the top slider but I've plastered it in grease, I use the van as a car and it's doing my tree in, any suggestions :(
AndrewPS

Re: High Revs, Door Rattle and Oil Change

Postby Camper steve » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:04 am

i have the 8 seater and have the same problem so would welcome advice on sorting it. seems worse now its cold mornings. sounds like i have an angry chipmonk chittering in my ear all the time.
Camper steve
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: High Revs, Door Rattle and Oil Change (update)

Postby AndrewPS » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi

Had the van in to ford and they said the dip stick needed changing as the original one was too short and giving a false reading and it needed various re-call updates, anyway the oil change light has disappeared and the revs don't seem to be sticking anymore in first gear, so happy about that, just need to sort the doors now
AndrewPS

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits