*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2014 350 2.2 trend h2 l3 electrical issue

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

2014 350 2.2 trend h2 l3 electrical issue

Postby rattytcb » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Hello all

im having trouble with my transit and hoping someone can help

driving down the motorway the other day i looked down and noticed that some of my dash lights have come up and ive lost some functions

lights showing are abs, traction control and its flagging up hill start not working, its also lost the auto lock function, the alarm (gemini) has also ceased to work as has the cruise control. called out the rac and its flagged up the following faults

Diagnostic Codes
RAC DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM
System Type: ENGINE SYSTEM TEST/VALUES
Name: CYR5 - TDCI - 2.2L - 92 (125)
DTC: P0672,Cylinder 2 Glow Plug Circuit
System Type: BRAKES
Name: ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM - DIAGNOSE
DTC: U0401,Invalid data received from engine control module/powertrain control module
DTC: C0039,Right rear tone wheel
DTC: C003A,Rear right wheel speed sensor
System Type: AIRBAG ELECTRONICS (SRS)
Name: AIRBAG - RESTRAINT CONTROL MODULE
DTC: U0401,Invalid data received from engine control module/powertrain control module

i have disconnected all of the plugs around the ecu which appeared to be very wet, water getting in through windscreen gutter and i have cleaned and bagged up these
i have also put a rubber floor mat screwed to the van to make a gutter and stop these from getting wet in the future

the ecu i have sent off to the ecu testing centre in derby and had it tested its come back fine

my van was broken into back in may by someone spiking the lock on the driver door, i have had this replaced, but also have had the wiring disconnected from the central locking so that you can only open the back doors from the key fob and not through the key lock, that has been fine since May but could this cause a issue?

i have heard of there being issues that the wiring loom runs near the heater matrix and can cause the issues im having but thought id like to hear from you all before attempting taking the dash out of the van

this seems to run true due to the fact my radio has been getting worse and worse reception over the last month or so, is something melting back there?

im open to any ideas please

many thanks
rattytcb

Re: 2014 350 2.2 trend h2 l3 electrical issue

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:07 pm

front battery dead or dying :?: a dying aux battery will throw up loads of warning lights
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Stuartbrown06 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:23 pm

I know this is an old post but had the same lights come on and similar codes come up on the van today when driving down the motorway.

It’s been off the road about a month while I rebuilt the engine. The batteries definitely went flat as I had to jump start it a couple of times to check compressions and start it up etc.

Did a new battery sort yours? Or anyone else had similar happen?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stuartbrown06
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby p2thed » Thu May 30, 2019 10:56 pm

Sounds like a cracked or damaged tone ring on the right rear, u codes at the pcm are indicating that the pcm does not like what it sees from the other modules on the network(not a fault with the pcm).remove the rear wheel and inspect the ring.
p2thed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Stuartbrown06 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:03 am

p2thed wrote:Sounds like a cracked or damaged tone ring on the right rear, u codes at the pcm are indicating that the pcm does not like what it sees from the other modules on the network(not a fault with the pcm).remove the rear wheel and inspect the ring.

Thanks, I’m not the op but one of the codes I got was the right rear tone wheel signal. I ran live data in forscan and displayed the four wheel speeds and they were all within 1 or 2 km/h of each other on the motorway at approx 100 km/h

I selected a couple of the voltage parameters due to suspecting a possible
Battery issue, one of these showed 11.7v, one showed 14v and one showed 12.5v I didn’t record anything to be able to tell you accurately unfortunately but the 11.7v one had me concerned.

I’ll get the wheel off tomorrow and have a look. I’ll also check the battery voltages before I start it up.

Thanks

Stuartbrown06
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Stuartbrown06 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 am

Also forscan live data was showing the ABS warning lamp state as off but the TCS warning lamp as on. Both orange lights were on on the dash (as well as the airbag light) also noticed the radio switched off within a couple of minutes of taking the key out and wouldn’t switch back on until I turned the ignition on (had to press the button 6 or 7 times til it came back on one time it did this)

Stuartbrown06
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby blue estate » Fri May 31, 2019 5:57 am

Stuartbrown06 wrote:Also forscan live data was showing the ABS warning lamp state as off but the TCS warning lamp as on. Both orange lights were on on the dash (as well as the airbag light) also noticed the radio switched off within a couple of minutes of taking the key out and wouldn’t switch back on until I turned the ignition on (had to press the button 6 or 7 times til it came back on one time it did this)

Under drivers seat is 2 batteries 1 the aux is dying
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby blue estate » Fri May 31, 2019 5:59 am

Stuartbrown06 wrote:
p2thed wrote:Sounds like a cracked or damaged tone ring on the right rear, u codes at the pcm are indicating that the pcm does not like what it sees from the other modules on the network(not a fault with the pcm).remove the rear wheel and inspect the ring.

Thanks, I’m not the op but one of the codes I got was the right rear tone wheel signal. I ran live data in forscan and displayed the four wheel speeds and they were all within 1 or 2 km/h of each other on the motorway at approx 100 km/h

Battery issue, one of these showed 11.7v, one showed 14v and one showed 12.5v I didn’t record anything to be able to tell you accurately unfortunately but the 11.7v one had me concerned.

I’ll get the wheel off tomorrow and have a look. I’ll also check the battery voltages before I start it up.

Thanks

Your issue is the battery change it
Mk7's had same problems when that battery started to die
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby Stuartbrown06 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:38 pm

blue estate wrote:
Stuartbrown06 wrote:

Thanks

Your issue is the battery change it
Mk7's had same problems when that battery started to die

Thanks, I’ve just picked a new battery up so will change it tonight and report back.. hope that sorts it

Stuartbrown06
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Stuartbrown06 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:11 pm

Changed the battery closest to the front of the van, cleared all the fault codes and all the warning lights have just came back on

Is that the right battery? Will get the wheel off tomorrow and check the tone wheel

Stuartbrown06
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Stuartbrown06 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:17 pm

Just tried swapping the rear battery instead and it’s still the same

Stuartbrown06
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Stuartbrown06 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:28 am

You know your stuff mate, jacked it up and the tone ring is cracked

Fords have one in so going to pick it up now..

Stuartbrown06
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Stuartbrown06 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:32 pm

£30 for a pair of tone rings from ford, not too bad to fit and all lights have gone out and no new codes coming up. Had to drive all the way back from Manchester to Newcastle yesterday with no cruise control as well, proper first world problem

Stuartbrown06
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby p2thed » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 am

:D
p2thed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby KevofCov » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:27 pm