*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk8 Driver Swivel Seat Base?

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Mk8 Driver Swivel Seat Base?

Postby LukeMorgan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:54 am

Hi newbie here!

Just bought myself a 2016 L4 H3 Transit to convert into a
Camper.

I'm going through the list of items to buy and ticking them off.

One item I'm struggling to find for it is a driver side swivel seat base. Does anyone know where I can pick this up after market? Or can I get this with ford parts?

Thanks
LukeMorgan

Re: Mk8 Driver Swivel Seat Base?

Postby devonvanfan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:30 pm

I fitted one of these to the passenger side on my Mk8 but note, as mentioned in the description, that unless you raise the seat with spacers the plastic trim has to be cut.

https://www.kiravans.co.uk/transit-cust ... wivel-rib/
devonvanfan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby dumper » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi I am just fitting the swivels out of my mk6 to my mk8 to make them fit I have had to re drill some of the bolt holes to fit on the drivers side I have lowered the hand brake lever fir the bottom hole I have cut off part of the bracket and re drilled the hole for the top rear mounting I have cutoff the captive nut and used a nut and bolt to secure it as for the top front mounting it comes in the middle of the big hole which the gromit for the handbrake warning light wire I have moved this to another hole in the seatbox and used a thick steel washer to bolt this up I had to remove the batteries and move the wireing to re drill the seatbox .the swivel is fitted to the seatbox and clears the handbrake when in the off position I will have to cut the seat plastic to clear and the handbrake cover also not sure if the handbrake cover will clear the seat but if it will not I will run without it .
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby hectors-tranny » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Yeah I've fitted a driver's side swivel to my Mk 8. It is a bit of a pfaff, but worth the effort. You do need to lower the handbrake, but you get a kit with the swivel to do that. You don't need to mess about with the brake cable, as that moves with the handbrake, but unfixing the old bracket from the seat base is tricky, as different bolds undo different ways, plus there is one stud to cut off. Sorry but it was a while ago and I've forgotten the specifics.

Yes a bit of plastic trim to cut. The seat has to be raised to full height as well before you can swivel the seat. Plus you can't have the handbrake on (unless you turn the seat 180). You don't need to move the battery as some say - just cut the internal plastic blocks from inside the battery tray and the battery will fit under the swivel - just!

The handbrake cover must be cut as well, as it doesn't fit under the seat when it swivels.

I got mine from Kiravans.

1141.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hectors-tranny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dumper » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:43 pm

Update got mine working I didn’t have to lower the battery fit the mk6 ones I have fitted off my old van I would swivel ok if you raised the seat to full hight but I’d rather not have to do that so have cut the plastic trims and remove the steel rod that stiffener so it turns ok with handbrake off I have also raised the floor between the seats to give protection to the what I think is the airbag module at the side of the handbrake lever and to mount the cut down handbrake cover as hector in previous post says it is a pfaff.i modified my mk 6 ones to because no one I tried had any in stock
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby LukeMorgan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Big thanks to everyone who replied!

Just ordered a driver's swivel base from Kiravans.

The next question is though, is there enough space there to have both the drivers swivel and a double passenger swivel??

Luke.
LukeMorgan

Postby benholloway87 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:50 am

Hey, did you guys use the transit custom from kiravans?

Also where did you get your single passenger seats?
benholloway87

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits