*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2016 MK8 Number plate and side marker lights

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

2016 MK8 Number plate and side marker lights

Postby 74Matt » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi everyone.

I hope someone may be able to kindly help. The vehicle is a 2016 (65 Plate) MK8, 125PS, Chassis cab with Luton body, I think it's a 350E ? 3.5 tonne Twin wheeler. The Luton is a One Stop Ingimex without tail lift.

For some reason the side marker lights, Number plate lamps and the marker lights on the cab and the rear of the box have stopped working. This also affects the load light in the back as it's on the same circuit. I have front side lights, rear tail lights and high level brake light all working. Headlamps and all other lamps are working ok.

I suspect a fuse has gone but I can't find which fuse it is. I've downloaded an owners manual and had a look but nothing is listed for number plate lights or marker lights.

The marker lights have a timer on them after the ignition is turned off and lights left on, When working in the dark using the load light it turns off after about 10 minutes as do the marker and number plate lights. If I operate the central locking it all powers up again for another 10 minutes.

I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem and maybe someone knows the location of the fuse ? As I said I've got the fusebox diagram and I am aware of how many fuse boxes there are on it.

Would it be as simple as a fuse gone or something more serious ?

Many thanks in advance.
74Matt

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits