*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

More hassle with starting

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

More hassle with starting

Postby Malcy65 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:18 pm

Using my van, often I,m on site and have to leave the rear doors open to use my machine..
After a few hours the battery drops and won't start the vehicle,
I've taken it to ford (Cardiff) who have fitted a new battery under warranty even though they say there's nothing wrong with the old one..
Apparently this is the second van to have this issue since November.
They have approached Ford over this issue as I said, vehicle is not fit for purpose and I want twin batteries as on my old mk7
But fords are saying they have nothing that's in stock or ford approved..
Even though they offer twin batteries in there brochure..

Fair play with my local ford dealer they are amazed its only got one battery fitted..

Any one has these issues and did ford fix it?
Malcy65

Re: More hassle with starting

Postby JonR » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:38 am

Hi, I have just joined here and have the same issue opening and shutting rear doors alot runs the battery down. Warranty ran out in October 17 so put it in before then and no probs with the battery. The cargo lights never worked when I bought the van and was told the fuse was taken but ford said all the fuses are present. The lights came on mysteriously and went out and have never turned on since.
Im considering a second battery as there are 2 small leads with plugs jumping off the existing - + terminals... I know a guy with a 15 plate and his has 2 batteries(no stop start fitted) so why no second battery on mine I wonder?

Maybe a battery switch is an option?

Any help is appreciated

Sorry to hijack your post Malcy
2014 Trend 290 econetec L2H2
JonR

Re: More hassle with starting

Postby JonR » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Adding to my post, my old fellas neighbour heads a technical team over at Ford Dagenham and i have spoke to him about it so he checked for any service bulletins to see if there are any known faults...come back with negative sorry to say. At some point he will do some checks for me to see where it might be draining.

Hopefully in time i can report back with some useful info.

Jon
2014 Trend 290 econetec L2H2
JonR

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits