*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk8 remote unlock problem

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Mk8 remote unlock problem

Postby Capt Limey » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:05 pm

Our new motorhome on a Mk8 chassis has an unusual unlocking problem. When using the key fob remote to unlock the cab doors, they unlock OK but the system continues to cycle the unlock command causing a repeated clicking of the unlock mechanism. It doesn't stop until I open the cab door and press the manual lock button on the inner door panel, then the horn sounds twice. If I unlock with the remote within a minute of locking the problem doesn't occur. It only happens if I lock and later unlock with the remote after more than a minute, clearly after the system has re-set. Using the key in the door keyhole locks & unlocks without a problem. Local main dealer is flummoxed! Anyone out there have any ideas?
Capt Limey

Re: Mk8 remote unlock problem

Postby Walter24 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:59 pm

My Mk 8 has been converted and is fine except I can't lock it without the horn sounding. I suspect it might be faulty door closure sensors. I have cleaned the sliding door contacts, but it still beeps. Very annoying for neighbours. Any ideas ???
Walter24

Re: Mk8 remote unlock problem

Postby Wellies » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:35 pm

Walter24 wrote:My Mk 8 has been converted and is fine except I can't lock it without the horn sounding. I suspect it might be faulty door closure sensors. I have cleaned the sliding door contacts, but it still beeps. Very annoying for neighbours. Any ideas ???

I had similar problem in mine, sliding door sensor had popped inside ( the push button type which is accessed inside pillar to left of sliding door as you are stood inside van looking at door ).

Check ( if you can ) that all are in their respective places.
Wellies

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits