*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mates MK8 L2 H3 been at the stealers for weeks

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Mates MK8 L2 H3 been at the stealers for weeks

Postby roofer123 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:41 pm

I have been doing a roof for a builder who bought a brand new transit last year. So it's now done less than 10k and developed hesitation, misfire, back at the beginning of April.

Ford took it in and reported back that it needed a new injector. Days go by and then he is told that it needs a new cylinder head. Weeks go by and after saying it now needs 4 injectors he still aint got it back. I done a small job for him today and actually ripped him a new one for putting up with all the sh*t Ford are giving him. They did loan him a Enterprise van which he's still got. He was told that the van would be ready for collection today. I'm like well call them now. He calls no answer. Calls again and whilst on the blower ford leave a message to say they have extended the loan until the end of May on the hire van.

I told him to call back and tell them to do one. Ford have said they will give him monetrey compensation. He has also bought a custom and a 3.2 ranger from the same branch. Best part of 75k

Whats your thoughts lads? The builder is 100% more laid back than me, i'd be driving the supplied hire van through the showroom window.

Name and shame is on the cards.....

Thank you all in advance :)
roofer123
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Mates MK8 L2 H3 been at the stealers for weeks

Postby V184 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:47 pm

If hes got a replacement vehicle & getting compensation whats the problem ? which dealer is it so know to avoid ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Brains_transit » Fri May 25, 2018 9:53 pm

I'm the same as the builder laid back and nothing bothers me
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby roofer123 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:11 pm

Update on my mates van. He called in to the dealer yesterday to pick up a couple of tools out of the back of his van. He didn't recognise his van at first due to the front end missing and the fact that it didn't have an engine either.

Apparently Ford have fitted a new cylinder head, and 4 new injectors. Do you have to take the whole engine out to do that?

As they are very busy trying to find a slot to put it all back together they said hopefully he will get a call by the end of the week. :roll:
roofer123
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Brains_transit » Wed May 30, 2018 8:20 pm

They probably took it out to check it over and it much easier working on an engine stand
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Flashback33 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:10 pm

That's a worry my transit, with just 500 miles on the clock, is in for four new injectors. They've had it a week now, still waiting:(
Flashback33
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Rhyswelly » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:25 am

Hi
New to this but so fed up with ford!!! My van has been into dealers so many times! 4 new injectors, new timing gear, wiring harness to turbo failed, was on way to take it in to have new clutch, as been having problems selecting gears for 4 months but didn’t believe me as it was intermittent. On way in to dealers, engine decided didn’t like the oil and spat it out no warning lights, just lost drive then engine cut out on busy Rd. I’m dreading how long I’ll loose my van for as i need it for my business as I’m a builder and only wanted a reliable van!! hope this helps anyone looking to buy new. The van is 2017 long wheel base tipper.
Rhyswelly

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits