*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Sheared off air con

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Sheared off air con

Postby Pete OB » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:05 pm

Hello guys. New owner of a Mk8 2.2 FWD 2014 Trend. Great van in lovely condition. Looking to tap into your experience and expertise if I may. Currently the air conditioning is decommissioned by virtue of the smaller auxiliary belt being fitted thereby excluding the ac compressor. The reason for this being sadly obvious. The tensioner closest to the ac compressor has obviously sheared off from its mounting position on the engine block.

The attached photo is taken from underneath the vehicle. Within the highlighted red circle is one of two lovely shiny sheared bolts. The second sheared off bolt is not in the photo as it is hidden behind the compressor.

Access is very restricted.

From a good hunt around the internet and YouTube it would appear common for transit owners who have ac to bypass the compressor by using the smaller auxiliary belt.

Can I ask:

Is my issue a common one? (The shearing off of the auxiliary belt tensioner)

Does anyone have any experience of refitting a new tensioner in such circumstance?

Any advice at all would be appreciated.Van is in such good condition it deserves a go at fixing the issue.I can see potential in having to remove the compressor and lowering the subframe to be able to drill out the sheared off bolts.

If anyone can recommend someone with the necessary skill set to fix it for me, it would also be appreciated (Live in Epsom, Surrey).

Many thanks
Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete OB

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits