*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

CYR5 engine mk8 350

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

CYR5 engine mk8 350

Postby gennydoctor » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:18 pm

Hi,

Set up a new account as I've forgotten my old ones details, been a few years since I was on here!

I've today bought a 66 plate MK8 350 Luton which I plan to change to a dropside, the engine is in pieces & the most obvious thing missing is the head & cams. This van is LEZ compliant but yet another van I was looking at 6 month older is not, what if any difference would the CYR5 engines have making one compliant & one not other than the date manufactured? I plan on getting decent engine & getting it on the road ASAP, I assume that any 2.2RWD engine would do or am I simplifying things too much?

Many thanks,
gennydoctor

Re: CYR5 engine mk8 350

Postby metalworker0 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:03 pm

Far as i know ..the 2.0 litre ecoblue engines are euro 6 and the 2.2 isnt

They are totally different engines ..2.2 having chain driven DOHC, the 2.0 has a wetbelt driven DOHC

so the one you have must be the 2.0 ecoblue engine and its bust its belt, knackerd the head, look for dings in the pistons. failed wetbelt!

You should be able to tell the difference 2.0 ecoblue wetbelt has cambelt pulleys ..2.2 has sprockets

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby gennydoctor » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:32 pm

Far as i know ..the 2.0 litre ecoblue engines are euro 6 and the 2.2 isnt

They are totally different engines ..2.2 having chain driven DOHC, the 2.0 has a wetbelt driven DOHC

so the one you have must be the 2.0 ecoblue engine and its bust its belt, knackerd the head, look for dings in the pistons. failed wetbelt!

You should be able to tell the difference 2.0 ecoblue wetbelt has cambelt pulleys ..2.2 has sprockets

It’s definitely a 2.2 chain driven top end, Euro 5. Comes up clear on the Scottish LEZ checker, so with this in mind I’m thinking I can use an earlier 2.2 euro 5 engine because as long as the reg/chassis doesn’t upset the LEZ camera I’m clear.
gennydoctor

Postby metalworker0 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:35 pm

OK ..I thought you were on about ULEZ the London one ..that requires euro 6

so thought that engine must be euro 6

i don't know about the interchangeably of different euro 5 engines ..because they are controlled by modules - ecms . which may need to be re-programmed ..that's injectors and fuel pump and possibly other stuff or you swap all the gear over to the new engine ..or swap the ecm that was with other engine .
that's about all i know ..

its not like the old days ..when you could put another make of engine in there and get it to run after wiring it .

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits