*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

New Van Time

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

New Van Time

Postby Dementinator » Fri May 29, 2015 11:34 am

well, its time to wave goodbye to my 2012 mk7 euro 5, 50,000 trouble free miles, apart from one small sensor fixed under warranty, and I will be sad to see it go, moondust silver 125 ltd with camera.
A new custom ltd 155 in tectonic silver with premium vis pack is awaiting collection next Friday hopefully.

I just hope this new one is as good or better than my last, this will be my 3rd new transit and 5th in total after a mk4 and 5 years ago, never had much trouble with any of them, then again, I do look after me vans!
Read of many problems on the Custom, but have heard its a great van to drive and I guess you will always hear about problems, The mk7s didn't exactly have a glowing rep either but they have been good to me.

A friend of mine has a transporter and had nowt but trouble with it so I Guess its common on em all.

I am only hoping the colour looks good as I aint seen it yet and wanted a change from moondust, but I'm stuck with it for 3 years now!

Goodbye BK12 you have been a great servant.....
Dementinator
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: New Van Time

Postby Mike » Fri May 29, 2015 3:19 pm

Dementinator wrote:
I just hope this new one is as good or better than my last, this will be my 3rd new transit and 5th in total after a mk4 and 5 years ago, never had much trouble with any of them, then again, I do look after me vans!
Read of many problems on the Custom, but have heard its a great van to drive and I guess you will always hear about problems, The mk7s didn't exactly have a glowing rep either but they have been good to me.

Sounds just like my experiences of the MK6, 7 and Custom. It's funny how lucky you get when you look after them.... ;)
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby boltondigger » Fri May 29, 2015 3:53 pm

Mike wrote:
Dementinator wrote:

Sounds just like my experiences of the MK6, 7 and Custom. It's funny how lucky you get when you look after them.... ;)

Same with me im just looking to replace mine now .Yes its rusty but apart from that ive had NO mechanical probs at all in the 140,000 miles ive done in it!

Its been serviced well though cos i do it and very regular.

What you done with the silver one?
s
Had a rusty old 58 plate 85 ps swb.180 thou .most reliable bus ive ever had

12 plate limited 125bhp 260 that got nicked :shock: :shock:

2016 connect poverty spec
boltondigger
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Sparkeselectrical » Sat May 30, 2015 9:20 am

Mike wrote:
Dementinator wrote:

couldn't have put it better Mike; look after them and they will look after you. They look great in Tectonic Silver too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
New 170 Limited 290 L1 DCiV
Sparkeselectrical
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby The transporter » Sat May 30, 2015 10:05 am

They delivered my Custard Limited in Tectonic yesterday, not quite as sparkly as my T5 in wheat beige but still a lovely colour.....Sooo many buttons to press!
VW Commecial Vehicles.....Lets Walk to Work.
The transporter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dementinator » Sat May 30, 2015 10:20 am

The silver one, Mr Boltondigger is headed up to your neck of the woods, the firm who sorts the financing on my vans, first Step Leasing of Bolton has bought it back from me and arranged by new one, its the third one I have got from them.
I will take the silver one to the dealers in Brum, and it will then be taken from there up to Bolton shortly after for sale.

If you are looking for a immaculate lightly used van, go take a look, Mr Roy Ganley may do you a good deal on it.
Its the LTD 260 125 with factory camera option from new, cab like new, rear like new, no dents, a few stone chips on the bonnet but that's it.
Just about to reach 50,000 miles, always used BP ultimate Diesel, no supermarket shite, Serviced ahead of schedule, in fact just serviced and had its first mot, put two new tyres on the rear, front miles left in them.

My problem is I probably don't need a transit most of the time, I am a Computer and TV repair shop and dealer plus other entertainment stuff, so no heavy items been in the van, Prob could get away with a Connect or some thing, but I just love driving the Van, I don't do small vehicles, I am either in the Transit, the F150 Pickup, or the Range Rover or Series one Landy..

So, I use the van as a car mostly, its just as comfy, plenty powerful enough, loadsa toys, the space when you need it and big and safe, plus you get respect on the road, don't get that in me mums C1 !!!
Dementinator
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby boltondigger » Sun May 31, 2015 12:01 pm

Dementinator wrote:The silver one, Mr Boltondigger is headed up to your neck of the woods, the firm who sorts the financing on my vans, first Step Leasing of Bolton has bought it back from me and arranged by new one, its the third one I have got from them.
I will take the silver one to the dealers in Brum, and it will then be taken from there up to Bolton shortly after for sale.

If you are looking for a immaculate lightly used van, go take a look, Mr Roy Ganley may do you a good deal on it.
Its the LTD 260 125 with factory camera option from new, cab like new, rear like new, no dents, a few stone chips on the bonnet but that's it.
Just about to reach 50,000 miles, always used BP ultimate Diesel, no supermarket shite, Serviced ahead of schedule, in fact just serviced and had its first mot, put two new tyres on the rear, front miles left in them.

My problem is I probably don't need a transit most of the time, I am a Computer and TV repair shop and dealer plus other entertainment stuff, so no heavy items been in the van, Prob could get away with a Connect or some thing, but I just love driving the Van, I don't do small vehicles, I am either in the Transit, the F150 Pickup, or the Range Rover or Series one Landy..

So, I use the van as a car mostly, its just as comfy, plenty powerful enough, loadsa toys, the space when you need it and big and safe, plus you get respect on the road, don't get that in me mums C1 !!!

cheers for that ,ive just contacted them waitin to hear back!
Had a rusty old 58 plate 85 ps swb.180 thou .most reliable bus ive ever had

12 plate limited 125bhp 260 that got nicked :shock: :shock:

2016 connect poverty spec
boltondigger
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Dementinator » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:42 am

New Van arrived old one on its way to Bolton...

I will miss my mk7.5, felt quite sad seeing it being driven away, stupid I know with a nice shiny new one in the shops back yard.

Now the new one, I do like the colour, wasn't sure at first buts nice in the sun.
I will have to watch the speed cameras in and around Birmingham when Im there, as sh*t, it really does fly.....
Drives superbly, but then so did my old one, cab feels a little smaller but I think that's cos of the more angle windscreen rather than the more square Mk7.
Love the Sync, works great and can now control tracks from phone from steering wheel etc.
I like the fact that finally theres plastic wheel arch liners underneath so should help with the rust.
The only slight thing is its longer than my swb Mk7 was, which surprised, me so backing into the yard is tighter, but the camera works well.

Overall very pleased and its a good evolution over the previous models with some very well thought out features, I have turned the "lane departure" thing off though as its annoying on twisty B roads.

Oh, the sound system is much better, far better quality of sound..
Dementinator
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dementinator » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:09 pm

Glad my old Mk7 has found a good home..

Had new van for around 10 days and put 700miles on it and now getting used to all the features.
One thing I am pleased with is the Fuel usage, the computer is saying an average of around 37.5mpg and having just filled up again that appears to be right, not bad for a new engine that's not yet run in.
I do use BP ultimate Diesel, not sure if this helps...
Dementinator
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mussels » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:17 pm

Glad you like it, others have said ultimate diesel improves mpg but I've not tried.
Mussels
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Custom