*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Clutch pedal vibrations

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Clutch pedal vibrations

Postby ianboustead » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:15 pm

I'm currently getting vibrations through the pedal when any pressure is applied, Originally i could only feel it when driving in trainers but now i can feel it with boots on. If you reach down and apply light pressure when your hand you get the feeling the pedal is moving up and down at a high frequency. This has started since i had the rear main oil seal replaced so i'm thinking something to do with that.
ianboustead
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Clutch pedal vibrations

Postby blue estate » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:20 pm

Fooked dmf or clutch as my brothers car did the same but that had done 230k miles and is 13 years old Dmf was on point of failing as slave cylinder was fooked
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby moley551 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:25 pm

Looks like they have damaged the thrust bearing or pressure plate when refitting the gearbox ooppss...best get it back in, good luck with convincing them.
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ianboustead » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:04 pm

moley551 wrote:Looks like they have damaged the thrust bearing or pressure plate when refitting the gearbox ooppss...best get it back in, good luck with convincing them.

Thats what i was thinking-they'll just say its abuse, had service and oil pump at same time-will check milage and see how many i've done since.
ianboustead
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ianboustead » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Booked in for wednesday-vibrations got worse, unable to drive it much as makes legs tingle as vibrations coming through to floor as well now. Lets see what they find
ianboustead
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby keeff » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:57 pm

I bet they didn't tighten the flywheel bolts
keeff
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby poolie » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:33 pm

I've had mine in for a service and a crank shaft oil seal, very slight leak! Picked it up this afternoon and noticed the vibration on pedal and noticed it really badly in 1st and 2nd gears. Had a check underneath van when I got home and its pissing oil out!!!

Took it back. Il told them if the dmf and clutch is fooked I want a new one, also said I don't want it back until theres no vibration as their was no vibration when I took it in.
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ianboustead » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:52 pm

poolie wrote:I've had mine in for a service and a crank shaft oil seal, very slight leak! Picked it up this afternoon and noticed the vibration on pedal and noticed it really badly in 1st and 2nd gears. Had a check underneath van when I got home and its pissing oil out!!!

Took it back. Il told them if the dmf and clutch is fooked I want a new one, also said I don't want it back until theres no vibration as their was no vibration when I took it in.

Hopefully know tomorrow what my issue is, be interested to see if we both had same part at fault. Wish i never mentioned the leak now to as would have avoided this trouble.
ianboustead
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby poolie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:34 pm

They are putting a new flywheel in mine, I said to the guy on the desk what had caused it, He says the technician couldn't really say :lol: He did say though that the gearbox was dry as bone as he had seen that for himself. Nothing a dry rag couldn't put right! Should get it back tomorrow or Friday. Can't wait to show him the pictures of oil all over my drive. Let's see what van comes back like.

By the way which dealer did you use? This is Evans Halshaw Lincoln.
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ianboustead » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:15 pm

Picked up this morning, ask guy at desk what they found, response was we found nothing, i said what you took it all apart and all seemed ok? He said no we haven't touched it-its not bad enough!!!!!!!!!! And then get the usual response-they all do it don't worry. Looks like i'll have to contact ford customer services yet again to make progress.
ianboustead
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mussels » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:15 am

ianboustead wrote:Picked up this morning, ask guy at desk what they found, response was we found nothing, i said what you took it all apart and all seemed ok? He said no we haven't touched it-its not bad enough!!!!!!!!!! And then get the usual response-they all do it don't worry. Looks like i'll have to contact ford customer services yet again to make progress.

Did they even drive it?
Mussels
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby V184 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:45 pm

I know i will get crucified by 40 watt & Mikey, took our 13 plate Sprinter in last week with similar problem, warranty runs out in May & has done 170k (miles mikey :wink: ). Dealer fitted new flywheel & clutch :shock under warranty. With a smile the manager said the flywheel damaged the clutch !
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby poolie » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:00 pm

Mines sorted now. Three attempts it took them to line new flywheel up :lol:

IAN àsk to drive one of there courtesy vans if they all do it then. Load of bullshit keep at them mate.
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ianboustead » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Glad you got it sorted, Getting no where my self. Customer relations told me try try another garage as they spoke to the one i went to and they told them the same as me, its not an issue leave it, :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ianboustead
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ianboustead » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:43 am

Hi Poolie i've sent you a private message. thanks
ianboustead
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Next

Return to Transit Custom