*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Double Cab L1 or L2

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Double Cab L1 or L2

Postby PeeWee14 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Hi Everyone

I have just joined and wanted to ask for some advice please,

I am just about to order a custom double cab limited spec and have the choice of the L1 or the L2 but I really do not know which to go for, this was a last minute thing and I need to confirm the order tomorrow and haven't had chance to go look at the 2 models.

its for family use mainly, but I need to be able to get bikes in the back, will the L1 be big enough in the load area or should I go for the L2 ?

The L2 is actually cheaper, but I think the L1 looks better and would be easier to live with on a day to day basis

Thanks for any advice you can offer

Pete
PeeWee14

Re: Double Cab L1 or L2

Postby davidjpowell » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:56 pm

I have L1 DC. Can get (pedal) bikes in easily.
davidjpowell
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby richbee » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Definitely go for L2 in my opinion.
It is only 400mm longer, but it means you can get bikes in full length without removing wheels or anything else - I've had 5 complete bikes in the back, with 5 poeple in the seats - perfect biking day out.

It's also long enough and wide enough to fit a double airbed in the back between the wheel arches, being just under 2m long.

Also will be better for transporting long loads - although to be fair it's not so great at that anyway - but L1 would be even worse.

You don't notice the extra length while driving, but you do a bit when parking, it does overhang normal length parking bays.

At the end of the day, up to you.
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby PeeWee14 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:17 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, I went ahead and ordered the L1 in Magnetic colour,

I had to get this past the wife as this will be a third vehicle and I could only get the L1 past her, as she argued the L2 was too "van like" lol and too big!
PeeWee14

Return to Transit Custom