*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Headlights

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Headlights

Postby moley551 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:16 am

Keepingitcool wrote:http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=311445538320&alt=web

YouTube has some tests of various LED headlight bulbs none are very encouraging unfortunately. Worth a look might save you wasting some money?
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Keepingitcool » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:04 pm

DSC_0098.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Loving my M-sport Transit!! :D
Keepingitcool
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Keepingitcool » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:04 pm

DSC_0096.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keepingitcool
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Keepingitcool » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Pretty good, good match to the 6000k hid and side light leds
Keepingitcool
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:07 pm

How do they compare to the standard bulbs from the drivers seat?
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Keepingitcool » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:02 pm

So, just I've just been out for a night drive, the h4 led bulbs look great and will be good in the daytime as the drl's but high beam is crap!
Keepingitcool
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby BNObournemouth » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:17 pm

PLEASE READ THIS >>> If you are thinking of buying an HID kit, DO NOT... I have had about a month of issues and investigations... Read on...

I have had HUGE PROBLEMS with the latest generation (new style) digital ballasts, bought from HIDs4U in my Limited Custom. I originally had the 55W kit using the older (chrome box) style ballasts. All was perfect for over a year, then one of the ballasts started to fail. The guys at HID's4U are BRILLIANT by the way, they have been very helpful, and sent me out a pair of replacement NEW STYLE smaller digital ballasts. These new style of ballast DO NOT agree with the CANBUS system in the Custom at all. As soon as you turn the ignition, you get a 'Dipped Beam Problem' message and the system shuts all power to that circuit. The ONLY way to get this circuit back on, is to take it to a main dealer, or somebody with a top-level ECU / CANBUS diagnostic system. The BCM (Body Control Module) required a reset to restore the power to the dipped beam circuit. The 35W new style of ballast will probably do the same.

It's a real shame because now I have no choice but to go back to standard Xenon bulbs, having been used to lovely HID, the decrease in the output is shockingly different. :/

Hope this helps people out, if you are thinking of doing it... Don't!

PS: The OLD STYLE of ballast is this one >>> http://www.hids4u.co.uk/55w-pro-max-rep ... -unit.html
The NEW STYLE of ballast is this one >>> http://www.hids4u.co.uk/55w-ultimate-Re ... -Unit.html
BNObournemouth
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:23 pm

BNObournemouth wrote:PLEASE READ THIS >>> If you are thinking of buying an HID kit, DO NOT...

Just to provide some balance, I've been using a 35w HIDS4U kit in my Custom for just over 2 years without a problem. BUT DO take notice of the thread title, DON'T USE THE 55W KIT.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Keepingitcool » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:05 pm

The first ones I got done this (55w) the second ddnt (55))
Keepingitcool
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Keepingitcool » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:05 pm

Apparently they have upgraded the ballast
Keepingitcool
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Veki007 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:25 am

Recently i had a problem with my headlights.First old silver ones 35w started to fail then as above guys from HIDS4U did it all that they could to help so they send new balasts digital 35w and wiring harness worked for a while and then power cuts off dealer menanged to restore to power but every time when i install after few days i would get warning dipped beam fault.So i had to remove it but i did some investigation and ordered 35w morimoto balasts with separate canabus cables.Now about 3 weeks no problem with them.Lights stars every time they warm up much faster.Balasts had to be ordered from USA but it looks like it was worth it (and while i was ordering those i also ordered some LED fogs ;) )
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby BNObournemouth » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Keepingitcool wrote:Apparently they have upgraded the ballast

Yes, exactly as I said above... They now use a slim style one, and it causes the CANBUS to stop the circuit to the dipped beams.
BNObournemouth
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dan T » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:21 pm

I Stuck a set of the Osram Cool Blue Intense bulbs in H7 & H15, plus my cree 501 bulb. It's much much better looking than standard. Cost about £50 all in.
Can't say its mega great, but without going into major money or modding, it's a good result.
I'll take a couple of pics once it's back from having a few warranty things sorted out.
Dan T
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby BNObournemouth » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:54 pm

Mike wrote:
BNObournemouth wrote:PLEASE READ THIS >>> If you are thinking of buying an HID kit, DO NOT...

Just to provide some balance, I've been using a 35w HIDS4U kit in my Custom for just over 2 years without a problem. BUT DO take notice of the thread title, DON'T USE THE 55W KIT.

MIKE... Have you EVER, even once had any error message as in 'Dipped Beam Fault' on the CANBUS / message information screen whilst using the 35 Watt kit at all? And you are using the older style, chrome box ballasts from HIDs4U aren't you?
BNObournemouth
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:08 pm

BNObournemouth wrote:
MIKE... Have you EVER, even once had any error message as in 'Dipped Beam Fault' on the CANBUS / message information screen whilst using the 35 Watt kit at all? And you are using the older style, chrome box ballasts from HIDs4U aren't you?

Never ever chap, it's been faultless which is why I find the problems surprising. But it IS why Tran59 had his thread title changed to include the DO NOT USE 55W KITS line, we thought it was the power draw on startup that caused a problem with the BCM when the 55w kits were used.

Older chrome ballasts in the kit which I bought in Jan 2014. I had a kit from HIDS4U for my MK6 many years ago, which I then sold after 2 years to another member here, it was faultless throughout.

I am beginning to wonder if the current kit will swap over to my new van without problems though :? I hope it does as I really like the hids.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom