*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Headlights

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Headlights

Postby Pugs » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:46 am

BNObournemouth wrote:I have a limited with the projector style headlights. HID kit fitted about a month ago and WOW what a difference, seriously. Yup, the dipped beam is great anyway, but get yourselves one of the HID kits from http://www.hids4u.co.uk, I got these >>> http://www.hids4u.co.uk/H7-55w-Ultimate ... 7ULT3.html

Best for light output are the 5000k ones, anything higher and they look chav blue and the lumens output is slightly lower.

These are so good at night, I very rarely find myself using full beam! And no, there are no problems whatsoever with regards to the beam pattern and dazzling any other drivers, they are perfect. :)

Is there any downsides to these kits? Interference, delayed switched on, electrical issues?
Wellhouse Terrier Transit Custom
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mavericktc » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:50 am

Pugs wrote:
BNObournemouth wrote:I have a limited with the projector style headlights. HID kit fitted about a month ago and WOW what a difference, seriously. Yup, the dipped beam is great anyway, but get yourselves one of the HID kits from http://www.hids4u.co.uk, I got these >>> http://www.hids4u.co.uk/H7-55w-Ultimate ... 7ULT3.html

Best for light output are the 5000k ones, anything higher and they look chav blue and the lumens output is slightly lower.

These are so good at night, I very rarely find myself using full beam! And no, there are no problems whatsoever with regards to the beam pattern and dazzling any other drivers, they are perfect. :)

Is there any downsides to these kits? Interference, delayed switched on, electrical issues?

Yes, many doesn't seem go get them working properly :lol:
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby C8XY » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:42 am

Pugs wrote:

Downsides: can't use auto lights, throws up a bulb fault. Cornering lights are yellow by comparison, mixed beam colours look awful. I've picked up some Osram cool white lamps for the cornering lamps but haven't had a chance to fit yet. The Osram LED sidelights match perfectly though.
I would say they take twice as long to reach full power compared to standard ford OEM HIDs.

Other than that, they are superior to the standard halogens. I went with the 35W kit. 5000K.
C8XY
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pugs » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:49 am

C8XY wrote:
Pugs wrote:

Downsides: can't use auto lights, throws up a bulb fault. Cornering lights are yellow by comparison, mixed beam colours look awful. I've picked up some Osram cool white lamps for the cornering lamps but haven't had a chance to fit yet. The Osram LED sidelights match perfectly though.
I would say they take twice as long to reach full power compared to standard ford OEM HIDs.

Other than that, they are superior to the standard halogens. I went with the 35W kit. 5000K.

Ok thanks for that. Having read the other thread on not purchasing the 55wHID version and reading through it, think I'll stick with the OEM, perhaps getting a set of spots will improve driving in the Highlands
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Sparkeselectrical » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Pugs wrote:Ok thanks for that. Having read the other thread on not purchasing the 55wHID version and reading through it, think I'll stick with the OEM, perhaps getting a set of spots will improve driving in the Highlands

Fit Xenon bulbs, these are an improvement over halogen, I fitted them over 2 years ago and have no complaints
New 170 Limited 290 L1 DCiV
Sparkeselectrical
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby poolie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:58 pm

C8XY wrote:
Pugs wrote:

Send me a link to the cornering bulbs if they are any good mate :)
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby poolie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:00 pm

Sparkeselectrical wrote:
Pugs wrote:Ok thanks for that. Having read the other thread on not purchasing the 55wHID version and reading through it, think I'll stick with the OEM, perhaps getting a set of spots will improve driving in the Highlands

Fit Xenon bulbs, these are an improvement over halogen, I fitted them over 2 years ago and have no complaints

Second that. I had both kits 35w and 55w both with problems. Power to lights cutting out.

I now have some xenon bulbs and I'm really happy with them.
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pugs » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:37 am

poolie wrote:
Sparkeselectrical wrote:

Second that. I had both kits 35w and 55w both with problems. Power to lights cutting out.

I now have some xenon bulbs and I'm really happy with them.

Poolie, was was that for the high or low beam bulbs or both?
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby poolie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:49 pm

Low beam.
poolie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Keepingitcool » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:20 pm

OK, so fitted the H7 55w 6000k hid upgrade just over a week ago and the passenger side now has no power coming to the wires for the main beam, after a bit of research it's the EDM module? that's has recognised a fault and this is a safety feature apparently, it brings up a fault code. My mate cleared the fault for me at his garage and now I have power and lights again, will the 55w keep doing this? And the 35w are all good? I've seen the custom wiring diagram that says main beam headlights are rated at 55w :/
Loving my M-sport Transit!! :D
Keepingitcool
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:24 pm

Have you read the HID thread, the one with 'DON'T USE 55W KITS' in the title?

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=142882
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Keepingitcool » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:01 pm

Hi Mike, no I hadnt unfortunately. But I've just had a quick read and couldn't see if the 35w are OK? I've also ordered led H15 for drl/high beam and led H1 for steering lights, anyone had any problems with these? Sorry I'm new on the forum. If only they could do all this from factory...
Keepingitcool
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:04 pm

All the info that you need on hid is in that thread. Which H15 led have you ordered?
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Keepingitcool » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:10 pm

Keepingitcool
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:12 pm

It'll be interesting to hear how they are, especially on main beam.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom