*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Lowering the new Transit custom?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Lowering the new Transit custom?

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:06 pm

RussC73 wrote:I would lower the front, when you are carrying weight the rear will naturally lower... after all its a van and its supposed to carry a little weight :D
Anyone lowered just the front ?

That's gonna look bloody stupid when it's empty.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby g-man » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:18 pm

:roll:
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Teddytransit » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:18 am

Last year I lowered my Mk6 Transit and although I know its not the new Transit the leaf spring rear strut front set up is still similar and I found some firms who may be able to help

I lowered mine using a spring kit from a firm on ebay who supplied new completely flat leaf springs with new bushes and a pair of front coil springs for about £400. The company is http://www.wheelmania.co.uk and traded under the name of Vanmania on ebay I think.

Now the problems I encountered were the coil springs were too short for the front shocks and rears had about an inch of travel!

Now I called GAZ shocks living in Ipswich they are only just over an hour away and these guys are amazing, for less than a £100 a side they took my old strut put in their own stiffened short up rated insert.

For the back they made me two shortened damping adjustable from soft to really hard for just under £100. I also fitted a pair of new cut down bump stops for the rear chassis rails which came to about £20 from my local ford Dealer.

Now what I would do if I did it again and I probably will soon as I'm looking to get a Mk7 as the tin worm is starting to win with mine

1. Get GAZ Shocks to re-work my standard struts with shortened inserts, adjustable spring platform and springs, I've known them do this for older cars.

2. Fit new flatter profile leaf springs with cut down bump stops, this is quite simple and doesn't involve flipping your axle. I carry 200 - 300 kg with no problem. The only problem is I don't know where Wheel Mania had the leaf springs on mine made.

3. Have GAZ Shocks make up a shorter set of rear adjustable shocks

Now I'm sure the above could be applied to the New Transit Custom, it cost me all in about £800 to lower mine, but a phone call to GAZ could definitely lower the front and I'd be very surprised if they don't have an answer for the rear, when I was there they had an area of their workshop all full of bespoke suspension struts.

I'm not sure how to add pictures if there is a simple way to add pictures and someone can explain it to me I'll take some pictures of mine to show all of what I have just wrote is not bullsh@t!!

Good luck lowering your van honestly try GAZ I'm sure they will be able to help
Teddytransit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby PLANETJDM » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Hi,

do you have any new idea to lowering this car ?

You write to Ebach or MAD suspension ?
PLANETJDM
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby PLANETJDM » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Hi,

do you have any idea ?

Mayby someone have picutre M sport Ebach kit ?
PLANETJDM
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby PLANETJDM » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi,

do you have any news option ?
PLANETJDM
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:28 pm

All the info that you need has been posted by Seikokid on the other thread that you keep posting on. :roll:
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby PLANETJDM » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Is not normall plug and play product. I live in Poland . Eibach produce for M sport normall product.
PLANETJDM
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby PLANETJDM » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:04 pm

any one have picture Eibach M sport kit - in seperate parts ?
PLANETJDM
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby PLANETJDM » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:48 pm

PLANETJDM
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Transit Custom