*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Upgrading the door speakers

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Upgrading the door speakers

Postby damian spain » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:45 pm

esquema audio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
damian spain

Postby damian spain » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:47 pm

esquema
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
damian spain

Postby damian spain » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:51 pm

conector 14 k 24
damian spain

Postby damian spain » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:53 pm

os mandare foto de esquema con altavoces trasero
damian spain

Postby POPEYE » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:46 pm

Hi all..im new on here..read some posts regarding this issue but still abit unclear as to what door speakers to go for with my headunit..im driving the transit 140 sport van with the sony 6000cd dab ..im unsure as to what speakers ford have fitted so therefor unsure what speakers i should by to upgrade ?? also i want to fit 2 more speakers in the bulkhead so its a 4 way system ..again unsure ..its a metal bulkhead but has the carpet lining on the cab side..again unsure what speakers to buy ..all help would be brill
POPEYE
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Bloke1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:01 pm

Cdoes anyone know exactly what i need to fit a sub to my transit.
Guessing something to add rca plugs to the stereo
Then a remote
Where do i get these.
Bloke1

Postby S60r » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:52 am

I put my sub under the middle seat. Buy a sub with high and low inputs and you can just run the supplied speaker wire and splice into your existing set up. The hardest part is getting power to it as the battery is under the the driver's seat with a reinforced steel wall around it. If I was to do it again I would get a plug in fused blade connector and run a feed straigh out of fuse number 21 (customer access) under the steering column. From there it's an easy feed under the carpet to the sub.

Anyway... the sound is much improved now. Bass is handled by the sub I have it set to zero on the head unit which allows some pretty high volumes with no distortion from the oem speakers. I didn't upgrade the speake, that will come with an amp in phase 2. (One day) :)
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mike » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:45 pm

S60r wrote: The hardest part is getting power to it as the battery is under the the driver's seat with a reinforced steel wall around it. If I was to do it again I would get a plug in fused blade connector and run a feed straigh out of fuse number 21 (customer access) under the steering column.

Why not use the supply on the side of the drivers seat base?
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Bloke1 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:50 pm

Ok S60r
So i can just chip into the left speaker wires behind the stereo then for example
I have a sub and amp already, can i use them or do i need to use something like this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bloke1

Postby Bloke1 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:52 pm

If i am to use a separate amp it needs sound inputs, remote, and power
I can like you say get the power from fuse box, but what about the remote and rca's can i feed the rca from the existing speaker cables again ??
And where do i get power for the remote input ??
Thanks

Bloke1

Postby S60r » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:48 pm

I have that exact vibe unit in my transit, I have found I am happy with the sound now and haven't been in a rush to amp the oem speakers or indeed upgrade them.

So for the vibe, it allows high level and low level input... high level being already amped and low being the rca pre amped inputs. So you can choose.... the oem Ford system has no pre outs (rca's) so yes just chop into the back of the head unit outputs, and connect via the high level speaker wire supplied with the vibe. Power I got from the battery but I would use the f21 fuse if I did it again.

As for your amp, if it allows for high level input (which most do) then you can use that too. So it's your choice really. I really like the vibe unit and I paid 160 for it and thought is was decent value..... so at that price I would grab it. The only issue with it is the lack of remote, but as mine is under the middle seat it's easy to adjust.... I may look to see if it has a remote option.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Bloke1 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:43 am

Ok great i am going to attempt it today

I have taken the stereo out (would you know which colour the speaker cables are )

Which route did you go from the stereo to under the seat (i guess down through the dash, under the glove box then under the floor along the step ???)

Thanks for all your help, ive been pulling my hair out with all of this for weeks now trying to find a wiring harness to find i don't need one. DOH.

Bloke1

Postby seikokid » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:04 pm

if you read through the whole
of this thread it explains and shows what you are asking
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Bloke1 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:14 pm

Through what thread
Because if you are on about this one then there is no mention of the coloured wires behind stereo !!

Bloke1

Postby seikokid » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:23 pm

There is in Mikes post , you click on the link and he has explained which wire does what
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom