*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit custom missing a beat / hesitant

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Transit custom missing a beat / hesitant

Postby Garylad » Wed May 17, 2017 1:42 pm

My transit is doing exactly the same, It's been back in to ford and they replaced the air intake sensor which stopped it going to limp mode . Still ran like a bag of sh*t so I took it back 2 weeks ago and carried out an injector reset and learn , apparently needs driving for 3000 miles now to learn my style of driving ( bollocks) . They also gave it a pcm update to the latest calibration what ever that means and it's still sh*t
Garylad

Postby S60r » Thu May 18, 2017 6:27 pm

I get a slight "miss" if you are on over run and then lightly come back on throttle.... It feels like a misfire, but I can make it happen at will. I thought it did this when it was performing a DPF regen but it does it quite frequently.

It isn't causing any issues, but yes its annoying. I don't think its a fault in fuelling or the map as mine is remapped and it still does it. I'm convinced it is when regens occur..... Mine would regenerate often as I do local journeys and never does it see a motorway.

If you are getting limp mode that is something totally different and is a clear fault.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby mavericktc » Thu May 18, 2017 8:20 pm

S60r wrote:I get a slight "miss" if you are on over run and then lightly come back on throttle.... It feels like a misfire, but I can make it happen at will. I thought it did this when it was performing a DPF regen but it does it quite frequently.

It isn't causing any issues, but yes its annoying. I don't think its a fault in fuelling or the map as mine is remapped and it still does it. I'm convinced it is when regens occur..... Mine would regenerate often as I do local journeys and never does it see a motorway.

If you are getting limp mode that is something totally different and is a clear fault.

Have the exact same problem.
My van is produced late may 2016.
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby S60r » Thu May 18, 2017 8:29 pm

mavericktc wrote:
S60r wrote:I get a slight "miss" if you are on over run and then lightly come back on throttle.... It feels like a misfire, but I can make it happen at will. I thought it did this when it was performing a DPF regen but it does it quite frequently.

mine is January 2016
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby mavericktc » Thu May 18, 2017 8:30 pm

S60r wrote:
mavericktc wrote:

mine is January 2016

Not a 2.0 euro6 then?
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby S60r » Thu May 18, 2017 8:44 pm

No.... a remapped 125 2.2.

I'm convinced its a software issue that is consistent across all models and definitely DPF regen related. I see this issue reported on a couple of forums across all models.

I will delete the DPF and alter the map to suit one day, and I will wager the problem will disappear once the van doesn't regenerate the DPF.....but I won't do that until the DPF needs replacing so a few years down the road hopefully.

Its a fault of sorts but i'm sure its nothing to worry about. it is too common an issue to be of concern.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby mavericktc » Thu May 18, 2017 8:52 pm

S60r wrote:No.... a remapped 125 2.2.

I'm convinced its a software issue that is consistent across all models and definitely DPF regen related. I see this issue reported on a couple of forums across all models.

I will delete the DPF and alter the map to suit one day, and I will wager the problem will disappear once the van doesn't regenerate the DPF.....but I won't do that until the DPF needs replacing so a few years down the road hopefully.

Its a fault of sorts but i'm sure its nothing to worry about. it is too common an issue to be of concern.

I didn't think the 2.2s had this issue.

My old 2012 mk7 had issues with hesitations but that got sorted.
The loaner, a 2.2 155 2015 custom didn't have any problems whatsoever.
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby dunf » Thu May 18, 2017 9:38 pm

Mines doing it too. 65 plate 125 limited.

It hesitates between 1500 and 1800 rpm. Usually doing about 30 in 3rd gear or 40 in 4th gear when feathering the throttle. It's now noticeable enough that a passenger asked me what was wrong with the van.
dunf
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby seikokid » Fri May 19, 2017 5:19 pm

try turning off your EGR valve
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby seikokid » Fri May 19, 2017 5:23 pm

seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby S60r » Fri May 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Yes EGR makes sense. I will delete it next remap.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Garylad » Sat May 20, 2017 12:05 pm

I don't know if it's the PDF or ERG valve I'm no machanic but surely on an £18000 vehicle it's unacceptable so will be taking it back to ford yet again, Could low or high sulphur fuel have started this ? Wish I'd kept my old mrk 7
Garylad

Postby loko » Mon May 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Got to admit after my initial concerns in the linked post mine hardly ever does it now, maybe once every couple of months , i just put it down to a quirk of the engine and dont give it a second thought
loko
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Rosco100 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:19 pm

My 2014 155 was doing this every day until I broke down last week and the fuel pump gave up the ghost (35000 miles) They replaced the pump and it's now running better than it ever was ! Not missing a beat anymore......
Inverurie Tile Centre
AB51 3XQ
Transit 155 330 Limited
Rosco100
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Transit Custom