*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Custom rear speakers

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Custom rear speakers

Postby customal » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:44 pm

Anyone have pics of where to find rear speaker wires i DCIV ?
customal
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ravin beef » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:11 pm

I traced the wires towards the offside at the front but that's as far as I looked. Is there anything in the BEMM?

I just connected on to the wiring behind the head unit and ran them to where I needed them.
ravin beef
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby yasser » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:37 am

S60r wrote:I have the oem head unit.... where are the rear speaker terminals/connectors? I will add speakers to where they are.

If you take your rear pane l off you'll see where the speaker goes. The speaker cables are either taped on to the wiring loom or clipped to the metal work there.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby S60r » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:11 am

yasser wrote:
S60r wrote:I have the oem head unit.... where are the rear speaker terminals/connectors? I will add speakers to where they are.

If you take your rear pane l off you'll see where the speaker goes. The speaker cables are either taped on to the wiring loom or clipped to the metal work there.

Thanks yasser..... the rear panel behind the passengers & sliding door at head height (side wall of the van)? Sorry to be thick! Can't work out where I should be looking?

Cheers
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby yasser » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:53 am

S60r wrote:
yasser wrote:

Thanks yasser..... the rear panel behind the passengers & sliding door at head height (side wall of the van)? Sorry to be thick! Can't work out where I should be looking?

Cheers

If you take the lower hardboard panel off you'll see behind the sliding door about 1.5 feet from the floor and 1 foot from the pillar a semi circle in the inner metal panel. this is where the speaker would go if it were a Tourneo. If you look just under this you will see a wiring loom (on both sides), now look very closely at the loom at this area and you will see the connectors taped onto the loom or clipped onto the inner panel. You will probably have two connectors either side so its would be up to you to decide which is the right one
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bluebottle » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:22 am

Didn't occur to me the head unit would have extra outputs, silly. What speakers are you using? I might as well add some in while I'm doing the conversion..
bluebottle
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby gimmesunshine » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:25 pm

1477826728758-607002644.jpg
Rear speaker wires, I've got a air green purple and white blue just behind rear arches....are these the wires? Do these work but without fader control as standard, see attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gimmesunshine

Postby yasser » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:37 pm

gimmesunshine wrote:
1477826728758-607002644.jpg
Rear speaker wires, I've got a air green purple and white blue just behind rear arches....are these the wires? Do these work but without fader control as standard, see attached

Is that at the rear of the van?
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby gimmesunshine » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:22 pm

Yes in the rear corner, I can't see any other spare wires...I've pulled them out so they can be seen easier
gimmesunshine

Postby yasser » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:40 pm

gimmesunshine wrote:Yes in the rear corner, I can't see any other spare wires...I've pulled them out so they can be seen easier

you wont find any wires at the rear of the van. they will be in front of the wheel arch

Screenshot (25).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby fera » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi folks,

I wan't to upgrade my front speakers by a Hertz compo set, in 16,5 cm.

I can replace the mid and tweeters without a problem, dynamax it etc...
But where to place my new hertz crossover ? Where is the Ford one ? The wires are split somewhere but where ?
Can somebody help me please ?
I'm talking about a Ford transit custom ; -)

Sorry for my poor English, i'm from Belgium ; -)
fera

Postby matt0105 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Sparkeselectrical wrote:I'd love to know too so I can fit them in rear of double cab

Just saw your reply regarding rear speakers in the dciv,
I built a speaker box under the rear seats and fitted 6x9 pioneers
And wired into the head unit, got ford to switch on via the ids.

The sound is good and can fade from front to rear, I believe this is only available
on the euro 5 models
matt0105

Postby S60r » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:50 am

fera wrote:Hi folks,

I wan't to upgrade my front speakers by a Hertz compo set, in 16,5 cm.

I can replace the mid and tweeters without a problem, dynamax it etc...
But where to place my new hertz crossover ? Where is the Ford one ? The wires are split somewhere but where ?
Can somebody help me please ?
I'm talking about a Ford transit custom ; -)

Sorry for my poor English, i'm from Belgium ; -)

When I was in there doing the passenger side last week I didn't find a crossover. I think the tweeter has a small resistor that acts as a high pass. The door speaker receives a full range signal as far a I could see.

I have wired mine without cross over temporarily to see what difference I can detect between left and right.

The location of crossover will be very important as it will pick up any interference and you'll hear engine whine in your speakers. I will add mine in as close to the a pillar as possible leaving the stock cable running to the door speaker from the bass output of the crossover and a new speaker wire from the high output to the tweeter.

They sound fine without the crossover at present, I will a add it in and see what I hear in a week or so.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby fera » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:34 pm

Good,

Thanks a lot s60r

; -)
fera

Postby Markkeeling » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:31 am

The second are drivers side just behind the centre pillar
Markkeeling

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom