*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Custom Sport van mud flaps

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Custom Sport van mud flaps

Postby simontaxi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:25 pm

Seems my sport did not come with front mud flaps but came with rears ! Had a quote today from ford for just a set for the front £38.00 each :cry: :cry:

Anybody got any links to some abit cheaper ?
simontaxi
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Custom Sport van mud flaps

Postby Tran59 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:32 pm

Are you sure those are for the Sport? Mine didn't come with front ones either and I've never seen them on a Sport (apart from homemade ones some members here have put together). It was my understanding that the Sport's skirts are not compatible with flaps, but maybe Ford has brought some out now?? Hope so...
The best mods are the ones you don't see
Tran59
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby fascinuk » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:06 am

I Had a set sent to me from the dealer who sold me the van, but how they fit onto the sport is another question. I am sure these are for the non sport custom and that the sport must have a different design because of the extra bodywork.
So as it is, the ones sent are still in their box! I will see if I can get a pic uploaded. In the meantime does any of you out there who have a sport have ford made sport mud flaps on the front?
fascinuk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Tiny01 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:27 am

fascinuk wrote:I Had a set sent to me from the dealer who sold me the van, but how they fit onto the sport is another question. I am sure these are for the non sport custom and that the sport must have a different design because of the extra bodywork.
So as it is, the ones sent are still in their box! I will see if I can get a pic uploaded. In the meantime does any of you out there who have a sport have ford made sport mud flaps on the front?

Don't have a sport unfortunately but do have a standard custom with 2 damaged front flaps if you'd like to sell the ones that you have if they're no good to you ?
Tiny01
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby fascinuk » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi Tiny01,

Before I possibly sell these on to you, I just want to double check with the main dealer that the mud flaps are the only ones that they do or if there is a different set for the sport.
Will let you know, how long before you would want these?
Cheers
fascinuk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Tiny01 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:31 pm

fascinuk wrote:Hi Tiny01,

Before I possibly sell these on to you, I just want to double check with the main dealer that the mud flaps are the only ones that they do or if there is a different set for the sport.
Will let you know, how long before you would want these?
Cheers

Yeah no probs mate , no rush just if you want to get rid I'll have them of you when you're ready
Tiny01
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:15 pm

If the kit is made by a 3rd party then it stands to reason why Ford haven't made flaps to fit, funny really because there's some money to make there, God knows they like to make money otherwise :lol:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Return to Transit Custom