*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Single passenger seat instead of double?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Single passenger seat instead of double?

Postby ddhh33 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:59 pm

So can I just clarify, if I have a SINGLE passenger seat, I can SWAP it for a DOUBLE passenger seat in my 09/2013
Transit Tourneo Custom Trend ? Are the relevant bolt holes etc hidden somewhere under the carpet? I did wonder as my V5C actually states the vehicle is a 8/9 seater which sort of implies it can be either - and my insurance company have it covered as "up to 9 seats" too.
ddhh33

Postby Mr Juggles » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:12 am

Guys, I've done this conversion
I have a Black Custom Ltd, turned up with a single seat instead of the wanted double bench seat due to an ordering cock up.
I recently sourced a new bench seat. I had to cut the floor liner to suit.....done a pukka job if I do say so myself. The bolts that were used for the single to install are the same for the bench, so easy to install, defo not rocket science. Only hard bit was that back corner near the handbrake. Needed to be packed out with square washers as a van already equipped with a bench seat has an additional bracket installed due to the gap to the fixing. The bolt hole was there with a sticker over it, and the bolt self taps in.

I now have an as New Custom Ltd Single Seat with heating and arm rest for sale. As new. Covered 6K miles with hardly a bum ever touching it. I am based in Hertfordshire if you're interested? Please send a PM or reply here and I'll get in touch.

Cheers. Joe.
Mr Juggles
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby daved1968 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi Joe
Have you still got the single passenger seat for sale? I'm new to the board so I'm not able to pm yet.
Dave
daved1968

Postby Fred-W » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:38 am

I have become the proud owner of a new 2016 Transit Custom DCIV limited Van with the intention of converting to a campervan over the next 12 months.

I have a double heated passenger front seat that I would like to swap for a single heated front seat and base.

Needs to be 2015-16, with matching upholstery, mine is Ecko in Medium Stone and Max in Charcoal Black.

I’m located in East Berkshire and if anyone on the forum is interested in a swap I really would appreciate your comments.
Ford Transit Custom DCiV SWB Limited 290 L1 2.2 TDCi 125PS
Fred-W
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Funrider » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi Rugmuncher
From 2015.... lol
Did u ever succeed in the twin o single passenger seat conversion?

Later today I'm collecting my 2015 Transit connect SWB Limited, to convert to a surfer van - (bed etc) - and want to swop the double passenger seats to a single seat
Funrider

Postby thedugmaster » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 pm

So I'm now doing a front passenger seat conversion with my 2014 Tourneo. I've bought a front single passenger seat and the frame and am going to fit it and replace my double front passenger bench seat with an adjustable single to give me 8 seats instead of 9.

I've been looking to do this since I bought the bus 3 years ago as we only ever use 7 or 8 of the seats and I want to make it a walk-through from the front to the back.

Hopefully it won't be too difficult to do. I guess I'll just need to sort some sort of carpet solution for the bit in-between the seats.
thedugmaster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby DR.Hodes » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:32 pm

For anyone interested in this topic, I was surprised to find no pictures anywhere of what to expect doing this so hopefully these might help some one.

The double seat is held down buy three bolts and a nut to the left rear, this fastens to a bracket that is held to the floor by another bolt. To gain access to this in my DVIC I had to remove the trim to lift the carpet at the back of the cab area. I then had to cut a hole in the flooring to uncover the hidden bolt hole, and another one to re-route the heated seat power cable.

To cover the holes in the carpet I found this:-https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-FORD-TRA ... 2749.l2649

Sorry but the pictures appear to have rotated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DR.Hodes
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby LilacRoller » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi all, I'm a newby. Recently bought an ex-AA 2015 Transit Custom as a conversion project.
Anyone have a heated single passenger/navigators seat? Can swap for the as-new heated double passenger's seat. I'm in York.
Anyone know of a source otherwise?
LilacRoller

Postby thedugmaster » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:36 am

LilacRoller wrote:Hi all, I'm a newby. Recently bought an ex-AA 2015 Transit Custom as a conversion project.
Anyone have a heated single passenger/navigators seat? Can swap for the as-new heated double passenger's seat. I'm in York.
Anyone know of a source otherwise?
Get yourself on the Custom Owners Group (COG) on FB and talk to Peter Macalease.

I got mine from him, top bloke.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
thedugmaster
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby LilacRoller » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:56 pm

Thanks thedugmaster. I'll see if I can find him. Have to sign up to FB first!
LilacRoller

Postby Bigkenxx » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:05 am

Heated single seats seats are expensive 600 plus , or look for further a field for a drivers seat out of a left hand drive mine had a single captain seat fitted from new and when needed six seats I fit a double in it isn’t hard all holes are there it do it without damaging the carpet , single seat from double will be a lot easier just put the seatbelt anchor on bottom of the seat and it bolt down
Bigkenxx
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby LilacRoller » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:47 pm

Good lateral thinking there, Bigkenxx. Thanks for the tips.
LilacRoller

Previous

Return to Transit Custom