*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Single passenger seat instead of double?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Single passenger seat instead of double?

Postby Rugmuncher » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:24 pm

Anyone got this? Or know of how I can do it as I want a single seat up front for the passenger to allow room in the middle for a custom hatch im doing.

Is it a case of buy another single seat and remove double refit with single or is it not that straight forward :?:

Where would the best place be to source a single passenger seat? Left hooker?

EDIT: Anyone got a tourneo passenger seat?
Rugmuncher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Single passenger seat instead of double?

Postby se7en » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:40 pm

Its a seat and base, I had a single seat factory fitted, on the single passengers seat the seat belt anchors on the side of the seat , does it do that on a double ? if its the same , O.K. if its different it may be little things like that , that make the conversion a bit of a pain. also, I have never seen a single seat for sale, there not that many vans about that had them fitted.
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Rugmuncher » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:30 pm

No the seatbelt is not part of the seat on the double :?
Any chance you could show me a picture of your single seat please from front on angle as id like to see where the seats sits and what space there is between the drivers and passenger seat itself.
...ppllleeeeeeaaazzeee :mrgreen:
Rugmuncher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby se7en » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:31 pm

I'll take some photos tomorrow.
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby se7en » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:26 pm

I'm not sure what you wanted a photo of, so here's a few, if there's anything in particular you want, let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Rugmuncher » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:35 pm

Brill, thanks for that. So the seats are the same setup as the double seat so thats a bonus.

Just need to find one now.

Basically being a floorlayer I have to carry the odd role of carpet as sometimes its a last minute thing and I dont have or want a roofrack so the plan is (which it has been since I got the van over a yr ago :roll: ) is to change the double to a single seat and adapt the lower bulkhead with more of an opening so I can slide the whole length in without folding it in half like ive had to in the past. The gap looks about right between the 2 seats
Rugmuncher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Bull Bus » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Have you considered the integrated roof rack? It'll be there if you need it whenever, and fold itself away when you don't. Be a lot cheaper than swapping wheats over, too, I'd have thought.

If you don't want to go down that route, I have a single passenger seat, and I reckon the gap between the drivers seat would easily accommodate a roll of carpet.
2015 Custom SWB DCIV 125 Limited
Bull Bus
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 75124 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:09 am

I have a Tourneo with a sinle seat for passenger...and this is what I did between the seats...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tourneo Custom black panther 155 ps
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Fuel busters1 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:20 am

Hi Guys want to replace my bench seat for a single, where can I pick up one and How much does it cost ? Regards Fuel Buster
Fuel busters1

Postby Rugmuncher » Mon May 11, 2015 4:19 pm

Bull Bus wrote:Have you considered the integrated roof rack? It'll be there if you need it whenever, and fold itself away when you don't. Be a lot cheaper than swapping wheats over, too, I'd have thought.

If you don't want to go down that route, I have a single passenger seat, and I reckon the gap between the drivers seat would easily accommodate a roll of carpet.

Yes I did consider the roof rack but want to not have to put the carpets on the roof plus the foldable racks are mega expensive imo. Im still on the lookout for a single passenger seat but finding one is near impossible at the minute!
Rugmuncher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Rugmuncher » Mon May 11, 2015 4:40 pm

Fuel busters1 wrote:Hi Guys want to replace my bench seat for a single, where can I pick up one and How much does it cost ? Regards Fuel Buster

Join the hunt!

What ive found so far is there are a lot of crew cab seats with the single seat available being sold and yes its possible to fit that single seat upfront but its not heated and I prefer to have the heated option for my passenger. I know of a company that supposed to be looking into sourcing me a genuine seat but have yet to get back to me.
Rugmuncher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby kevdix » Mon May 11, 2015 5:39 pm

I have two single seats in my van, both heated. Would be quite entrested in swapping my single for a heated double. Seat is black cloth. Would this void Warrenty though?.
kevdix

Postby Rugmuncher » Tue May 12, 2015 7:36 pm

kevdix wrote:I have two single seats in my van, both heated. Would be quite entrested in swapping my single for a heated double. Seat is black cloth. Would this void Warrenty though?.

Ill swap with you :D
Rugmuncher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby kevdix » Wed May 13, 2015 10:09 pm

How much work is involved In swapping seats? Also I would only be in entrested if it's the same colour as my drivers seat And my Warrenty is not voided. I'm based in berkshire
kevdix

Postby jdevlin630 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:27 pm

Hello all,

I have a new 2016 Ford Custom with a single front seat on the passenger side which I would like to swap with anyone with a double passenger front seat.

If there is anyone who is interested in a swap I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me on:

or martin@mobility-services.com.

I am based in Armagh, Northern Ireland.

Thanks
jdevlin630

Next

Return to Transit Custom