*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

custom lowering

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: custom lowering

Postby seikokid » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:54 pm

It's very nice to drive , all the valves and oil and the struts have been uprated and the springs are 10% stiffer. I was anticipating a much harder rider / possibly to rigid but it's not. It's comfortable and superior in handling. Cornering is so much easier, no need to change down or brake. Just need to make sure my load is secured
As expected though it has lifted the back up a touch. looking forward to seeing / driving it when the new rear shocks arrive later this week
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby milez » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:13 am

Hi Guys, I am the product manager for performance parts at ECP. We are the sole distributor for H&R suspension in the UK. I have been asking H&R to produce some lowering springs for the Ford Commercials for a while now. ( Transporter T5/T6, Vivaro are one of our best selling lowering springs)

They have been abit reluctant as there is a lot of weight/wheelbases available for most of the Fords. What is the popular models for the Custom that people want springs for? Could you give me some sample regs and axle weights from the vin plates please. Also what lowering do people want?

If you could reply on here or drop me an email Miles.Corrick@eurocarparts.com

Thanks

Miles
milez

Postby loko » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Someone please give the man the info he wants , its about time we had some aftermarket parts for tbe custom
loko
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby seikokid » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:40 am

they are already available from Gaz Shocks. i made a blueprint with him for rear shocks. He sells springs for the front and will cut and drop your fronts to what ever height you ask. If you read the existing posts on this forum about the suspension for 270/290 models and lowering possibilities you'll get the info you need
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby milez » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:12 am

Hi, Difference between a spring that Gaz can make compared to H&R will be huge. H&R are one of the biggest spring manufacture in the world.

H&R are willing to help us design a spring. If the 270/290 models are the popular ones can some one with that model drop me a email and help me with data, pic, etc when created I can offer an FOC set to that person.

Thanks

Miles
milez

Postby Mike » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:29 am

milez wrote:Hi, Difference between a spring that Gaz can make compared to H&R will be huge. H&R are one of the biggest spring manufacture in the world.

Springs are springs, dampers are where the magic happens. Reducing the ride height by putting different springs on isn't a good idea as the dampers will then be working outside the range that they were designed for.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby seikokid » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:27 pm

have you done a price comparison?
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby milez » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:52 am

Mike wrote:
milez wrote:Hi, Difference between a spring that Gaz can make compared to H&R will be huge. H&R are one of the biggest spring manufacture in the world.

Springs are springs, dampers are where the magic happens. Reducing the ride height by putting different springs on isn't a good idea as the dampers will then be working outside the range that they were designed for.

If you think "springs are springs" you are highly mistaken...

A shock will normally cope with upto 40-50mm drop before needing to be replaced by a shortened stroke.

No prices as yet as I don't know how much the Gaz ones are.

If anyone wants an off the shelf lowering spring designing please let me know.
milez

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:48 am

milez wrote:

A shock will normally cope with upto 40-50mm drop before needing to be replaced by a shortened stroke.

Please can you explain why 'yours' will be better?

'Shock"? Do you mean 'damper'? If you don't even know what the correct terminology is, why would anyone have any faith in what you're selling?
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby seikokid » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:43 pm

milez wrote:
Mike wrote:

No prices as yet as I don't know how much the Gaz ones are.

If anyone wants an off the shelf lowering spring designing please let me know.

no they won't ... if you read this post you will see blueberry had that exact problem and so did i at 30mm drop and thus the strut had to be shortened and uprated to work properly
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby milez » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:24 am

don't worry guys I give up :) One of our top customers TunedUK is helping us out. Hopefully should have some springs ready in the next few months.

For anyone who isn't sure who H&R is have a google!
milez

Postby PLANETJDM » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:52 pm

milez wrote:don't worry guys I give up :) One of our top customers TunedUK is helping us out. Hopefully should have some springs ready in the next few months.

I'm wait for kit - front and rear :)
PLANETJDM
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby barriec » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:49 pm

I'm also waiting :wink:
barriec
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby botacco » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:55 am

PLANETJDM wrote:
milez wrote:don't worry guys I give up :) One of our top customers TunedUK is helping us out. Hopefully should have some springs ready in the next few months.

I'm wait for kit - front and rear :)

Expected price?

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk
botacco
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby PLANETJDM » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:44 pm

Price for me is not important !!
PLANETJDM
Transit Fan
Transit Fan